What do I do about this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I do about this guy?

A buyer on ebay sent me back a GHWT I sold him that he claims 'didnt work on his PS2'.

I checked the disc & theres some marks on it that definatley werent there when I sold it to him. Nothing major but some look like theyre running like slight groove around the disc like its been spun around on a flat surface & lightly scraped it in the process. It also looks like theres a little cleaning been done to it - light little spots.
    I popped it in my PS2 & it works fine.

I would guess that like many he's probably 1 of these guys that doesnt look after stuff & just lobs his games in the console with no thought, but if I accept this back now then I cant sell it in the same condition as b4. Maybe he's swapped his disc with mine, maybe he's played it to death & is blagging a refund (the old GAME 10 day return policy), or maybe he's telling the truth despite the fact that it works fine. It took him over 7 days to tell me this, & his complaint came just ahter I'd left him positive feedback. So what advice can you give me on what to do next?

Should I refund him or what, because I just get the feeling that he's got me by the balls regardless of the fact that there are marks on the disc.

Refund him, learn the lesson of not to offer refunds, without making it ridiculously cost prohibitive. I sometimes say that returns must be within 7 days and restocking fee is 40% of winning auction bid.

Either that or skate with all potential bidders first?

Comment

Refund minus the postage costs is probably the best you're going to get. Sucks but it sucks less than him going through paypal.

There's a good chance his PS2 is on the way out (DRE), especially if this game caused him to dust off the console.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        Refund him, learn the lesson of not to offer refunds, without making it ridiculously cost prohibitive. I sometimes say that returns must be within 7 days and restocking fee is 40% of winning auction bid.
        I dont think that 40% restocking fee will stand up well with ebay.
        Besides, what if he doesnt skate?

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        Refund minus the postage costs is probably the best you're going to get. Sucks but it sucks less than him going through paypal.

There's a good chance his PS2 is on the way out (DRE), especially if this game caused him to dust off the console.
        But postage costs for videogames have to be free due to ebay altering the terms & conditions a while ago so he'll get a full refund as there were no postage costs added (it comes out of the sellers pocket now)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
          I dont think that 40% restocking fee will stand up well with ebay.
          Besides, what if he doesnt skate?

But postage costs for videogames have to be free due to ebay altering the terms & conditions a while ago so he'll get a full refund as there were no postage costs added (it comes out of the sellers pocket now)
          This free P+P and really getting on my wick. I've had a few games for example finishing at ?4.99 which brought the same when you could charge for postage. Problem is if I raise the price to cover the cost the bidders flock elsewhere so you have no choice. Not too bad on the odd item but when you sell about ?100 worth of stuff and ?20 or so has to go on P+P plus ebay/paypals scandalous fees it leaves me feeling very bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
            But postage costs for videogames have to be free due to ebay altering the terms & conditions
            Didn't know this, but it's about ****ing time! Always hated paying ?3 postage only to have the game arrive a week later in make-shift packaging with 47p RM sticker on it

Comment

Originally posted by Lorfarius View Post
              This free P+P and really getting on my wick. I've had a few games for example finishing at ?4.99 which brought the same when you could charge for postage. Problem is if I raise the price to cover the cost the bidders flock elsewhere so you have no choice. Not too bad on the odd item but when you sell about ?100 worth of stuff and ?20 or so has to go on P+P plus ebay/paypals scandalous fees it leaves me feeling very bitter.
              Same here, it's a joke for anything you want to send off that is large and in a cardboard box, minty SNES/N64 classics for one. I may as well have just given away most of my stuff. I got half way through sending off my sold games then decided to pack in buying new boxes/jiffys because it was costing me far too much, and thus resorted to using any old **** I could find for my packing. I used to take pride in my P+P - no more.

Comment

I get the impression lots of people would be well served trying Amazon Marketplace. It does have pretty high fees but items tend to go for more and sell faster (especially if you undercut).

Ebay have been nickel and diming sellers way too much.

Comment

Working...
                X