DealExtreme Returns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DealExtreme Returns...

I bought a few things off their site about 6 wks ago. 1 item turned up, the other was awaiting a re-stock.

So 6 wks on I checked at the beginning of this wk to see whats happening with the other item & it was still out of stock, so I decided to cancel it & buy elsewhere, so I filed a cancellation request.

The next day I get an email confirming despatch of the out of stock item, & a 2nd email telling me that they cant cancel as its been despatched. What a coincidence!! .

So I dont want this item now as I bought it elsewhere (& got it delivered next day for free too), so can I refuse to accept it when the courier arrives so it can be sent back for a refund as it'll save me some money posting it back?

under distance selling regulations you have 7 days to return it. If it's via a courier refusing it should send it back to them.

Email them and mention your cancelling under the DSR 7 days rules and ask them what is their preferred return method.

Comment

They're based in Hong Kong so not sure that the distance selling regulations apply. Guessing that legally speaking the contract was entered into in Hong Kong so their laws would apply?

Comment

Last edited by usman; 28-12-2009, 18:02.

Comment

Last edited by usman; 28-12-2009, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
            They're based in Hong Kong so not sure that the distance selling regulations apply.
            Ooops, to be fair i've not heard of these people before. Anyway DSR don't apply in this case as they're not UK based.

Comment

Working...
            X