Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your rules when it comes to returns on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your rules when it comes to returns on ebay?

Ok I've had some probs lately with buyers (& some sellers!), so if you sell on ebay what are your rules on returns?

Do you accept them at all?
    If so is it only if faulty or do you allow non faulty items to be returned by buyers who have suddenly decided that they dont want the item anymore?

What about the postage paid to send back to you?
    Do you get them to pay it or do you pay it if the item is faulty?

What about refunds?
    Do you refund the total amount?
    Do you partially refund them & deduct off what you paid for p&p charges when you posted it?
    Do you also deduct an extra percentage for fees that a unrefundable to you or for re-stocking fees?

I know ebay have their own rules in place but just wanted to know what you guys n gals do so that maybe I can use some of your sound advice to save my ar$e in the future!!
    I've got a 360 up on ebay right now & I dont want someone deciding that they dont want it after they receive it, then pulling a fast one on me leaving me out of pocket (by a large amount!).

Thanks.

If you put an honest description of the item then I would expect (and offer) no returns.

I wouldn't sell anything I wasn't happy receiving myself, I tend to understate the condition (eg using 'mint' is off limits for 99.99% of stuff, even if others would sell as 'mint' I'd sell as 'excellent')

Ebay isn't a shop, those that expect returns can gtf to be honest.

Comment

Working...
    X