Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a dvd/usb player

was browsing amazon but there is so much choice didnt know where to start

basically i am looking for a dvd player (preferably can play all regions) with a usb port and can play movie files ideally if it had say a small hardrive so i can put some stuff on to that would be great

anyone got any ideas ? not to expensive please

Phillips do these, upscales too. Need a remote hack for the All region DVD which is easy to find and does Xvid which suits me fine.

This is the latest version

I only just discovered this. Mine is silver and 720p so I may have to upgrade!

Comment

Last years model is much cheaper. Probably not much difference either. For 40 bones you can't go wrong.

Comment

Get yourself down to Aldi & pick up one of their Tevion DVD players.

Upscales over HDMi & Component.
        Easy to multi region hack
        Plays DivX direct from USB stick or Disc
        Also get a 3 year gaurantee & I think they run to about £40ish

I've got 2 at the moment but one has suffered from drive problems & doesnt read discs properly which is a known fault but with the 3 year gaurantee it's going back for a free replacement

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

Last years model is much cheaper. Probably not much difference either. For 40 bones you can't go wrong.
          cheers would it play other files like mpg/avi/mp4 etc

Comment

Not really. Divx and WMV only, I think. Most stuff is released in Divx anyway if we are talking TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Get yourself down to Aldi & pick up one of their Tevion DVD players.

Upscales over HDMi & Component.
              Easy to multi region hack
              Plays DivX direct from USB stick or Disc
              Also get a 3 year gaurantee & I think they run to about ?40ish

I've got 2 at the moment but one has suffered from drive problems & doesnt read discs properly which is a known fault but with the 3 year gaurantee it's going back for a free replacement

Neil
              Could I ask whether it displays subs too small? I need a good divx/xvid player but I had to return one I got from Maplins because it showed subs in a tiny size. I've been recommended Yamada players but need to find a good stockist. With this 3 year guarantee this player sounds good.

Comment

Good general media player = the Western Digital ones

In general a DVD one will only be divX and wmv and won't support soft subs.

Comment

Pretty sure they are normal sized.
                  I've never had any trouble reading them from a distance of about 6 foot away.

The only problem with Aldi is that they dont always stock them it rally is a case of playing a waiting game & checking out the weekly leaflets to see whats on the special this week.

Last Sunday it was a Tevion DVD player/Surround sound kit for £80 (Tevion upscaling DVD player & 5.1 Speaker package) which was great value but didnt have additional inputs to use other sources with the kit so that went back on Monday as my aprents were looking for something to be able to plug the telly into as well for surround sound Sky Movies.

Anyway I digress...ALOT!!! lol

I'll keep my eyes out in my local one & if I find out they are doing more DVD players I'll give you a shout.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    Good general media player = the Western Digital ones

In general a DVD one will only be divX and wmv and won't support soft subs.

are there any media player and dvd player combi ?

Comment

Working...
                    X