Selling your website. Anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling your website. Anyone done it?

For a few years now I have run a web site. I think it has a lot of potential, but recently I just don't have the motivation for it. Hence, I want to try and sell it on. I'd rather not give it away, or just pull the plug, as it's represented several years worth of hard work and I'd like to see some payback for it!

Has anyone ever sold on a working website? How does one go about it?

Does it make you any money?

Comment

A little. Not a great deal - it's all revenue from advertising. The infrastructure is in place to make money from actually charging people to use the site, but more time would need to be spent building up the value add for that to work really.

Comment

A work colleague recently sold a website they built. It started off as a hobby and eventually became very popular and would now require them to leave their full-time job to be able to keep on top of it properly. I believe it's linked to from a lot of big sites, such as the BBC's, and they developed their own content management system to make it easier to maintain. Big company's supply their information, such as Sky, Eurosport, etc. It has been a labour of love.

Unfortunately I don't know the ins and outs of the deal, but the deal required a lot of back and forth with the contract of sale. I'm not sure if the sale has completed yet.

Get competitive odds at 888sport ✓ Online Betting on all major Sports Betting events with Bet Builder, In Play & more. T&Cs Apply!

Comment

Working...
        X