IRL Heroic Deeds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRL Heroic Deeds!

Now, I'm not about to put on a cape or anything, but there have been some moments in my life when I've felt proper HERONESS from some of my actions.

For example -

I once called an ambulance for an old man that was dying down an alley near my house when I was a kid. The crew turned up and told me he was a homeless drunk who wouldn't have made it through the night, but would most likely be in the same state the next night. Bitter sweet.

Another time I pulled a disabled man in a wheel chair from a road, his chair was pinned between the curb and a bus and he was slowly being crushed as the bus went around the corner. He was OK, but the next time I went passed he was in the same part of the road again, looking crazy.

Another time my flat mate and her sister came home late, very drunk and left a pan of pasta on the stove, her sister passed out on the couch and she went up to bed. I woke up wondering what the smell was and fought my way through the room which was thick with black smoke and carried her sister to safety. She doesn't remember any of this and laughs at me when I mention it.

So, any heroic deeds you wanna share?

You helped a homeless who the crew didn't give a damn about?
    The 'bulance Crew must have skated with him before so knew his game.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      ......crew turned up and told me he was a homeless drunk who wouldn't have made it through the night, but would most likely be in the same state the next night. Bitter sweet.

..........He was OK, but the next time I went passed he was in the same part of the road again, looking crazy.

This has me in stitches, was it meant to?

Comment

Walking home from what would have been primary school, some suspicious feller in a car stopped next to me in a red car (strange how I still remember the colour), leant out of the window and called over to me. In school that day we'd had a lecture on perverts trying to grab kids like this so I punched him in the face a couple of times until his face bled quite badly then ran home to tell my Mum who phoned the police to report him.

It happened that he was visiting somebody in the area, he was completely innocent & he'd recently had his nose broken by some crazy school kid while asking for directions!

Actually, reading through it now it doesn't sound particularly heroic does it. To be fair though I was bloody scared at the time due to the horror stories in school and I think that everybody is probably guilty of something so he may well have deserved it anyway.

I suppose it all worked out in the end...

Comment

You damnable thug!

I once saw a bee drowning in a plant pot full of water. It was a scorching day so I poured it out onto the patio. After half an hour it had dried out and buzzed off. Now that's the stuff that comics are written about.

Comment

Every time I sense danger I run to the nearest phone box , make myself sick by spinning to fast and fly home ...

Comment

I feel the ghost of 007 in this thread.

I've never done anything heroic. I once saw two pigeons that had got themselves tangled together by the plastic loops off a pack of lager. One pigeon was actually attached to the other but upside down.. they were rolling around in a ball of feathers trying to free themselves.

I walked away feeling sorry for them. I expect that they either choked to death or rolled onto the road and got finished off by a car.

Comment

Are you serious??

I would have split them up and helped them as much as I could!!

Humans are one tings but helpless animals who are caught out beacuse of our litter problems most defo need our help!!

Please tell me you are joking...

Comment

Indeed. Darwock, Cliff hopes that you don't sing Saviour's Day this Christmas because you certainly weren't one!

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                    I think that everybody is probably guilty of something so he may well have deserved it anyway.

I suppose it all worked out in the end...
                    Er, yeah. I regularly attack strangers in the street because on balance they must have done something to deserve it at some point in their lives. I'm basically doing a public service.

All works out in the end I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
                      Are you serious??

I would have split them up and helped them as much as I could!!
                      I was riding my bike down a road and saw a mouse stuck in the middle - it looked terrified. So I picked it up and walked it to the grass at the edge. Just before I put it down (inches away), it bit me really hard.

Helping scared animals without protection is daft.

Comment

I regularly jump out of my car to help people push their broken down vehicles out of the way or bump start. Me and some (20) friends bump started a large mobile home at Le Mans. We were rewarded later with vast quantities of beer. We didn't need more, but welcome all the same

Comment

I helped an Indonesian family of Liverpool fans buy the right tickets and get on the correct train when going to the Spurs - Liverpool match at the start of the season. I'm sure Spurs won because of the karma from that good deed

Saved a couple of injured birds and a mother cat and her kitten that set up residence in our garden, but that was a family group effort rather than just me. Apart from those few incidents I've pretty much been Hitler.

Comment

I was once driving down to my mate's house and not far into my journey I passed a field/rough bit of ground with horses in. It was surrounded by a navel high fence and on top of that barbed wire. One of the horses had managed to get it's ass stuck over the top of the fence and underneath the barbed wire. It looked distressed and so I stopped the car a bit up the street and went back to see if I could help.

When I got closer I could the see the horse was frightened and in pain and the problem was that the wire was over the hump it's backside and at least two barbs stuck in the small of its back (and it was bleeding a little). Now, I'm respectful of horses as I'm aware of how powerful they are and also, that IMHO, they have a lopsided intelligence; clever, even cunning in some senses and just plain crazy and easily spooked in others. I'm also aware that most hurt and frightened animals can be dangerous, and this was a mature horse, so I was even more wary.

I had read or heard that many animals, horses included can detect your fear, so the first thing I did was to approach slowly, speaking in a low, reassuring voice; something like "Hello mate, what's happened to you, then? There, there, it's ok, I'm going to help you" (bizarre ). When I reached him I checked out the horse's predicament whilst still speaking in reassuring, soft tones.

I figured that I ought to calm the horse down (didn't want a kick in the head or chest), so I gently rubbed and patted his rump for a minute or so, all the time speaking calmly and quietly. Then I told him that I was going to lift the barbed wire up and that it would all be okay. I then gingerly, started to lift the wire. After the initial push, releasing the tension required quite a lot of heft but slowly the pressure started to come off of the horse, but the barbs were buried in it's back and I guess, stuck with a bit of congealed blood. I slowly increased my power, straining a bit and they popped out of the horses back and the horse flinched, but stayed completely still. Then, struggling under the tension of the barbed wire fence, I told the horse to move. He stayed put. I said "Go on then, off you go". Still he didn't move. I raised my voice a bit, hardened my tone and said "Go! Go on!". He finally moved away from the fence about six or so feet, and I let go with a twang.

Immediately after, he turned back to the fence and came up to me and nuzzled me and allowed me to rub his nose and pat his neck which completely blew me away, and like I say, I respect horses, but I'm not really into them. I spent a few minutes stroking and talking to him and I thought it was a shame that I didn't have an apple or something to give him.

I said goodbye and went back to the car and set off. I was flying high from my good deed, but also amazed that this animal seemed to be grateful for my intervention. I also felt a little bit sad to be leaving his company. Then the slight OCD part of me kicked in and reminded me to wash my hands thoroughly when I got to my mate's place!
                            Last edited by gunrock; 11-12-2009, 12:43. Reason: Over punctuated.

Comment

Love that story!

Did you speak to him in an Australian accent? "y'or alrite mate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X