X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears 1 ftw.

Clocktower, Tyro, Raven Down, Mansion and Fuel Depot

Comment

On the Lidl 'Fink Brau' Pils right now, never tried it before, £3.89 for 6 x 330ml stubby bottles at 4.9% ABV).

Main surprise is: it's really nice! I've tried most of the Lidl lagers like Grafen Walder (too farty-tasting for me), Excelsior (average but cheap enough to bear), Perlenbacher (a decentish Pils, worth trying) but this is much nicer than them, a pretty hoppy, thick n' mellow Pils with no nastiness to it, great for the price.

A perfect concoction to accompany Deadly Premonition.

PS: On a sad note, the local Morrisons have stopped stocking the 4 x 440ml cans of Bavaria, I love that cheap n' cheerful stuff.
      Last edited by JazzFunk; 18-03-2011, 23:46.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
        Gears 1 ftw.

Clocktower, Tyro, Raven Down, Mansion and Fuel Depot
        GEARS 1! I am totally with ikobo

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          On the Lidl 'Fink Brau' Pils right now, never tried it before, £3.89 for 6 x 330ml stubby bottles at 4.9% ABV).

Main surprise is: it's really nice! I've tried most of the Lidl lagers like Grafen Walder (too farty-tasting for me), Excelsior (average but cheap enough to bear), Perlenbacher (a decentish Pils, worth trying) but this is much nicer than them, a pretty hoppy, thick n' mellow Pils with no nastiness to it, great for the price.

A perfect concoction to accompany Deadly Premonition.

PS: On a sad note, the local Morrisons have stopped stocking the 4 x 440ml cans of Bavaria, I love that cheap n' cheerful stuff.
          tried most of those lidl beers/pils - they are all pretty ropey

Hell, even the 4% tesco lager tastes better....

Comment

^Nah, it dunt.

I've exhausted Tesco's own lagers (given it's the closest and quickest supermarket I can pop into before I get my bus home from work, it's the easiest place I can get beer, shopping at Lidl takes days off or logistics for me.)

If you think 'Bi?re Sp?ciale*', or Tesco's own 4% and 5% rivals to Stella tastes better than Fink Brau, you need to be on antipsychotic medication.

*I buy that a lot, ?2.44 for eight 250ml bottles of French-produced 4.8% lager is damned good value, though it's a very sterile taste, clean, maybe too clean.

Zach, what do you think?
            Last edited by JazzFunk; 19-03-2011, 04:10.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
              Remember where you saw it first people.

You want gay?

It's gay you want?

Drinking champagne (Pink Moet ) and listening to Adele-21.

I even thought about shaving today as well (but didn't).

Comment

Rock Band Night = Beers starting I had to buy some of that raspberry absolut as was seen by the boss when I reading the forum this morning bloody expensive peh cheers neil

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                  Rock Band Night = Beers starting I had to buy some of that raspberry absolut as was seen by the boss when I reading the forum this morning bloody expensive peh cheers neil
                  Put it in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                    Put it in the freezer
                    I did helped me get through the endless setlist 3 and I'm officially wrecked

Comment

New loves;

Badger Poacher's Choice - so fruity!!!

St Austell Brewery - Tribute. I had a few pints of this in exter a few years ago and it blew me away - now in bottles in my supermarket - result.

With a glass of Old Tom to keep the Stockport flag flying....

Comment

Take it to the Camra thread MatWoods!

Yes, I've had a few drinks. Thinking of losersclub's sister

Comment

I'm on Heineken, as always. Pacing myself as I want to drink until the morning and watch the cricket, we'll see

Comment

Drinking wine, playing 3DS. It doesn't get much better than this. Actually my eyes ache, I'm hoping it's the booze not the new £200 console I've bought.

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace View Post
                              Drinking wine, playing 3DS. It doesn't get much better than this. Actually my eyes ache, I'm hoping it's the booze not the new ?200 console I've bought.

"no love I'm not hungover I promise it was the 3DS"

Comment

Oooof I feel like crap this morning after last nights excesses. Pints of becks, cans of red stripe, jagerbombs, morgan spice and god knows what else. Kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X