No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat here with a cold one now, and I was last night too.

I can quite happily have 4 pints a night and more at the weekend, and then there are times when I can just limit myself to a few pints on a Saturday night and nothing for the other 6 days and be ok with that.

And don't even show me a bottle of Bourbon - I would have given Slash a run for his money on most days, and that wasn't just the alcohol. When I moved into my fisrt house, me and my ex would sink half a bottle of vodka a night and that went on non-stop for at least 6 months.

Been like that for the last 10 years and can still cope with an FPS at the end of the night.

Agree with the 'one pint' thing, never saw the point and always thought it was only worth having noe if you could follow it with as many others as you wish - the best thing about a pint, is the next one.

I know it is not clever or 'bragging rights' and gonna cut down big style in the new year as baby making is coming my way but until then I intend to enjoy 'restrained' drinking during December.

Why is beer so nice??????

But if a session is organised, I may be tempted....
    Last edited by MatWoods; 15-12-2009, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MatWoods View Post

Why is beer so nice??????
      That's the thing isn't it, it is too bloody nice. I don't drink because I want to get wasted (spirits do that to me, hate the stuff... and i hate the feeling of not being in total control of my words and actions...) but I enjoy my beers because they're so so refreshing, they relax me and god dammit they taste so nice.

On a side note: I popped to Sainsburys earlier and plonked 8 Carlsberg for ?6 in my trolley, and then noticed they had them on offer at 40p each! Made my day that did.

Cheers everyone! Merry Christmas
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Carlsberg is awesome, I think Carling tastes salty from a can, I can't describe it but I had a few a couple weeks back and yep, still hate the stuff. In pints though its different.

Strange how if I go out to the pub I could be on the floor with say 6 or 8 pints but if I sit at home listening to music or playing arcade stuff I can just drink a load more. Odd.

Comment

I've often thought that too... Maybe we get spiked?

Comment

We are quite handsome, its quite possible someone spiked us to take us back to their abode for manlove

Comment

So what is you guys' prefered beverage? When I'm at the pub, I usually go with an ale like Old Speckled Hen or Bass, though I'll go with Becks or Grolsch if it's a larger. Special occasions will see me grabbing a Guiness, but I'm somewhat weak to the stuff!

At home, I'm afraid it tends to rely on what the local Co-op has on offer. Usually that's Carlsberg or Stella 4%, though I've been known to resort to Carling.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                That's the thing isn't it, it is too bloody nice. I don't drink because I want to get wasted (spirits do that to me, hate the stuff... and i hate the feeling of not being in total control of my words and actions...) but I enjoy my beers because they're so so refreshing, they relax me and god dammit they taste so nice.

Oh aye, and beers down the pub go down even better after a crap day at work.

Comment

At home, i'm like you Shakey dude... it has to be the cheapest offer (though saying that, i generally do really like Carlsberg so it's all win)

In the pub, I tend to stick to the fosters :-)

Edit: Kongster, indeed matey. I've been doing a spot of hard labor work for my uncle here and there (just for some fresh air and some extra pennys) and after breaking up and then moving multiple tonnes of concrete, nothing quite satisfies as much as a chilled beer.
                  Last edited by Adam Stone; 15-12-2009, 20:00.

Comment

My staples are:

Lager:
                    Carlsberg, Carlsberg export, Nastro Azzuro, cobra, tiger, Hoegaarden(wonderful stuff but I get a bit sick of the taste after a few), Heineken is great since they revised it.

Leffe is good also but it knocks me sideways, those monks know what they are doing. Sainsburys own organic taste the difference lager is very nice also. Especially when it was on half price recently. I'm not a big fan of becks, san miguel, or grolsch unless its UBER cold. Which is a pity because they are selling a 24pack of grolsch 275mls for £6.99 at the moment.

I am also very partial to glenmorangie 10yr single malt but its so bloody expensive I only have it as a treat, I can quite easily polish off a whole 35cl bottle but at £16 a time it has to be a special occassion.

Comment

I like the Becks and great thing is i just bought 54 bottles of it for £20 at tesco, I love christmas

Comment

Re: drinking in the house

You 2 must be drunk

I find that is true also but I put it down to in the house you are chillen not talking as much and not drinking in rounds where you end up drinking at the same pace as others.

Comment

Ha! Not to sound funny, but my friends always pick on me and call me a fish... For some reason, no matter what i drink, be it a glass of water, a cold beer or a boiling hot cup of tea, it goes down far, far too quickly. But i'm like that with food too... Whilst most people have only just started their meal, i'm already up for my seconds!

Comment

I'm very surprised how many Carlsberg fans there are. I hate the stuff, it tastes like fizzy farts (though I have to say I've probably been spoiled with all the cheap n' lovely high-strength Polish lagers they sell in these parts). I don't mind the Carlsberg Export, I always buy a few cans of that when it's on the cheap, but the standard 'green' can is a terrible drink. My mate Paul, he swears by it, but I'm always on the Okocim, anyway, and never hear his words.

Had so far tonight:

2x330ml bottles of 5% Chang lager
                            2x500ml bottles of 8.2% Henry Westons Vintage Cider (£1.22 at Tesco right now, lovely stuff)

Got 2.5 bottles of 14% red wine and 1/6th of a bottle to soldier on with, though I don't intend to drink the whole lot else I will be a massive sac of scared withdrawal tomorrow (like I have been today). Maybe just the vod and 1.5 bottles of wine, max, this is my sixth day ON, and I think I might make tomorrow night an OFF night because becoming 'very good at drinking' is maybe not as healthy as it sounds...

Comment

In fairness, it's very rare I drink Carlsberg from the tap - it's just usually one of the cheapest when buying crates, and a damn sight better than Carling!

Mind you, our student union sells Carlsberg for £1.30 a pint, which is a temping proposition.

Comment

^Well, yeah, £1.30 for a pint...even I would go for that (but it would have to be COLD!)

Comment

Working...
                                X