No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An enjoyable few watching the football. A koppaberg Naked Apple (my first cider in about 15 years) and 2 Tyskie and a Lech. Really digging the Polish lager at the moment only problem is they are expensive (?6.69 for 4 in Tesco) still quality is expensive I guess (and the abv 5.6 and 5.2, so thems fighting juice)

Comment

Kraken Rum does not a good Cuba Libre make

Comment

Kronies again, find them the most tolerable of the mass-market produced lagery ****e. I can take a 10 minute walk down to Morrisons and get the 4-pack 440s for cheaper but my local offy is only a minute away and do the 500mls at ?5.29, already chilled, so I just tend to buy them.

Wish they started doing cheap Polish gear, or they got took over by Poles, my mate can get Polish 7% 500ml-er cans for 89p each from his local Polish offy!!!

Comment

Went for a mooch in cheapo shop BM or as the man above calls it "Bargain Madness" picked up 12, 50cl bottles of EFES Pils for ?9.48 or 79p each, Tesco normally do it for 3 for ?5 so bargain-artific indeed

Comment

^Yeah, they changed it plain ol' B&M now, with that nicely vulgar orange/blue shop sign, entirely appropriate for the wonderful cheapness contained within. I remember when they had huuuuuge bottle of Beerlao for under a quid not long back, awesome shop if you like imported beers with scraggy labels or battered cans, cheap wines too! Love it when the get their weird, Eastern European lagers in and price 'em up something stupid, makes me BUZZ inside when they do that, though it's rarer than it used to be (ah, 2008, what a year for great, cheap beer!)

Comment

If we are talking Cider, then it's ALL about Cornish Rattler from Cornwall, that stuff is teh brutal! But tbh for me there is nothing like a good Guinness on tap. Anyone else here a Guinness drinker? Can anyone recommend me any other good stouts to try?

Comment

6 Pack of importy Brown Ale (355ml) in the fridge. Bargain Madness strikes again ?3.49 yus!

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                  If we are talking Cider, then it's ALL about Cornish Rattler from Cornwall, that stuff is teh brutal!
                  It's lovely, though, innit? I was down there a few years ago, visited the brewery where they make it, got a bit smashed on only 3! Lovely summer's day, too, a nice, warm memory.

PS: ETC knows what time it is.

Comment

Drinking Williams Bros (Alloa) Midnight Sun. Really dark ale with a bit of spice in it. Delicious.
                    Definately one of the best beers in Scotland.

Comment

Having an opener JW Black mixed with Cherry Coke Zero its interesting

Comment

Buuuump.

Having a few Bacchus Raspberry ales.

So nice, makes my balls tingle.

Comment

I finally completed my mission to try every cocktail on the menu at The Alchemist today!

It was beginning to get quite a chore as they changed the menu recently and I'd already decided on my second visit a Flower Sour or a Peach Bellini were my weapons of choice.

In the spirit of this thread I'll say Dr. Pepper and Sailor Jerry make excellent bedfellows (even though I usually prefer Bacardi or Kraken Rum). I don't agree with Cherry Coke as a mixer though, it tastes identical to an Amaretto and Coke which is far superior (trust me, I'm a lush).

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                            In the spirit of this thread I'll say Dr. Pepper and Sailor Jerry make excellent bedfellows (even though I usually prefer Bacardi or Kraken Rum). I don't agree with Cherry Coke as a mixer though, it tastes identical to an Amaretto and Coke which is far superior (trust me, I'm a lush).
                            I would strongly suggest that Vanilla Coke (US version) is a far superior mixer than Dr. Pepper, especially when you're drinking Sailor Jerry.

That said, Cherry Coke as a mixer isn't bad when mixed with the right spirit - like Vanilla Stolichnaya, for example.

Comment

Cherry Coke and Kirsch is good...a double cherry blast for when its 2am and you only have 'holiday impulse buy' booze left!!

Comment

Asahi tonight. They're not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X