No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oopsy, empty, we'd better crack another.

Comment

A magazine ad for Glenfiddich 18yo got me into whiskey. The talk of baked apple and cinnamon. Still haven't tried 18yo!

If I spot it at a pub or somewhere I'll definitely have a shot.

Comment

I am no big fan of it, but my local tesco is selling 24/330ml bottles of harp for ?7.50......

Comment

My fave Polish offy in Wakefield is doing four 500ml cans of Sopockie (straight from the chiller) at 3 for ?4, 75p a can, way cheaper than a luxury energy drink, better-tasting, and can certainly imbue one with a Relentless, Monster energy after several cans, you can get vex like Begbie! Actually, quite nice, not amazing but pale n not too fizzy (which I like), slightly sweet n yeasty like a lot of Polish stuff, I like, plus deffo doesn't feel like a 5.7%er, is VERY easy-drinking. Good barg.

Comment

anyone tried lucky budda beer (chinese import) - very drinkable, but gave me a bit of a hangover the next day

Comment

Yeah, that's a nice light beer. Comes in a cool bottle and very easy to get through a load of.

Been drinking Bavaria since it's been cheap in Morrisons. Light and crisp. Fizzy but not too gassy. I like light, clean tasting lagers and it fits the bill.

Comment

Wrong thread probably but anyone here doing dry January? How do you feel already?

I've had no booze since the 1st (2014) and as it stands can't see myself ever drinking again.

Never really had a love of the taste of drink, only ever saw it as a vehicle for getting pissed.

Comment

Had a bottle this last night and it was superb. Bit pricey but worth it

Comment

Get this in the camra thread, man.

I had Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland chocolate porter tonight. 6.8% of sheer wintery goodness.

Comment

Had most of a good Sauvingnon tonight. Only really drinking once a week max. Has to be on a day that I haven't exercised otherwise recovery is doomed (alcohol trashes growth hormone production). Anyway, was a Casillero del Diabolo Reserva. Chilean. Kinda nutty, but good at all temperatures (couldn't be arsed to put it back in the fridge after the first glass).

Comment

And no hangover today. Winner

Comment

Getting tucked in to a few of these;

And these

Smithwick's Blonde Brewmaster Edition by Guinness is a Blonde / Golden Ale - Other which has a rating of 3.4 out of 5, with 14,716 ratings and reviews on Untappd.

Comment

Brewdog have released the recipes for all of their previous beers. Even if you're not a homebrewer it is still agood read of everything they have made over the years.

Comment

Just noticed my post up there from January last year. I'm still going ��

Comment

Keep it up Nick. I'm mostly dry (i.e three Kopparberg ciders over 3 weeks of Xmas/New Year) and don't miss it at all. If I do go to the boozer with work folks, I drink milk!

Comment

Working...
                                X