New BBC programme looking for gamers, sci-fi and comics fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BBC programme looking for gamers, sci-fi and comics fans

Anyone want to be on TV? (Taken from the The Forbidden Planet International Blog)

Researcher Claire Castle drops me a line to say that they are looking for gamers, science fiction and comics fans for an upcoming programme for BBC 3:

?Does your avatar do more exercise than you? Are you happier running round World Of War craft than pounding the treadmill at the gym?

If you love playing high-octane games or reading sci-fi and action based comics from the comfort of your sofa, but are turned off at the thought of real exercise, we want to hear from you?

BBC Three is looking for 18-26 year olds who are proud of their lifestyle and leisure choices, to take part in a new series.

Email us on [email protected]
    Or call us on 020 7290 0530?
    I'm proud but too old...

^Me too.

Having said that, the show seems to be called 'Lifestyle Challenge', judging by the email address. It'll be one of those 'games are EVIL' things, where they get a fat, spotty, specky guy, get him to ditch his PC, run around a track for a bit, and get contact lenses.

Comment

Oh dear.

This does indeed have all the hallmarks of being another one of `those` programmes.

"LOOK AT THESE FAT LARDY GEEKS! LOOK AT THEM! REPULSE IN HORROR AT THEIR PIMPLE STAINED FACES AND WRETCH AT THEIR CHEESEY SNACK TAINTED BREATH! WATCH AS THEY SHRINK FROM SUNLIGHT OR SOCIAL INTERACTION!

PITY THEM! MOCK THEM! BUT DO NOT FEAR! WE CAN.... NO, WE MUST, SAVE THEM!"

I've sent an email begging for help.
      Last edited by Spatial; 11-01-2010, 17:51.

Comment

Too old as well...

Comment

Who cares...it's on BBC3 for christ sake.The channel that gives you quality programmes like Snog Marry Avoid.

Comment

Yeah... I'm the right age for that and meet the criteria but... No way in hell I'd appear in what's clearly a 'lets all mock the unfit geeks!!!'.

"and on your left, next to the beared lady, is an anime fan! If you look to your right you will see a poor deluded fool who prefers PCs to Macs...."

Comment

For some strange reason importaku and toysthatkill springs to mind lol........ Not that im calling you guys geeks mind Just that when it comes to gaming you two are quite vocal about your wares........

Comment

It's a trap!

They'll lure you into the studio with the proposal of videogames and pretty tv presenters and then the jocks will come out and wedgie the nerds for a solid hour.

...Actually, I might watch that.

Comment

Working...
                X