No announcement yet.

Selling boatloads of stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along the same lines (sort of), but I took around thirty books (in good condition) to my local charity shop this morning & it's a lovely feeling.

Comment

I took too massive boxes of books (40-50) to my local secondary school recently (entire Terry Pratchett collection amongst it) - they were most happy. And I felt quite good too.

Comment

I use playtrade. Get some crazy prices on there!

Comment

Just a quick tip, if you do have faith in the eBay system (that is, an item will sell for what it's worth) then start your auctions at ?0.01, that way you pay no listing fee, granted you'll pay a Final Value Fee, and a PayPal fee, but on cheap items the listing fee can be a good chunk...

As another member said Amazon is good, but I've had mixed luck, some stuff sells the night you put it on, other stuff just sits there, but you don't pay to list, you pay when it's sold. You can run a test advert for any item to see what you willbe getting when it does sell, so if your not in a rush, price on there and wait...paid direct into bank account.

Comment

I've got about 100 anime DVDs I'm never going to watch again that I should sell (just don't have the free time). Trouble is, it's too much bother putting them into something like amazon marketplace, having them sell for £3 and then having to send out 50 envelopes.

Wish I could just dump a box of them somewhere and have a guy go "100 DVDs? I'll give you £150".

Comment

I was inspired by this thread and sold 7 PS3 games at CEX today and got £75 in 5 painless minutes. I'm going to do what Malc says above and sell any new games as soon as I've completed them unless I'm guaranteed to want to play them more in future (I think GT5 will be a keeper when it eventually comes out!).

Comment

Glad I'm inspiring other people. True to form I've done absolutely **** all about this so far!

Comment

Working...
                X