NTSC-UK forums--- tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
    It's actually part of the latest forum software.
    NTSC-uk's software?

I'm not too bothered about a mobile site personally, but I would like to see a newer and fresher look to this forum.

I've just been over to Rllmuk and their site is very neat and tidy. I must say, why does this forum have so many different forum sections (like headlines, first play, off topic etc.) when we only have a small percentage of users compared to rllmuk, and they have less forum sections than this place?

Comment

Actually I've just looked and realised they're on Invision while here runs on VBulletin.

Dunno what options VBulletin has for a mobile version but seeing the continued growth in mobile browsing there's probably something similar available.

Comment

I'd happily pay a premium for a decent mobile version of NTSC.

Comment

Charles is away at the moment, might be back around today I think. I'm sure he'll chime in when he can, I know he's expressed interest in the past.

Comment

Fantastic news, I think many posters would be intrested in a fully fledged mobile version of the forum.

Comment

The board software needs to be updated to at least v3.7 then tapatalk support would be a straightforward add-on.

Comment

I could have sworn I posted in this thread....

Anyway, please make this happen. NTSC-UK is by far my most used forum and it would be great to have something far better suited to iPhone use. Something like NeoGAF's mobile version would do

Comment

There is a big forum upgrade coming at some point in the future

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                    Something like NeoGAF's mobile version would do
                    Do you mean this one?

Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

I have no idea how they do it, but it's bloody great for surfing on a mobile. Lovely and fast, and well laid out too.

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                    The board software needs to be updated to at least v3.7 then tapatalk support would be a straightforward add-on.
                    I don't have a problem with tapatalk per say but having to pay for the app for Android puts me off (and might do for others?). I would have though the latest version of Vbulletin would have some new mobile fennangle built into it which would make tapatalk support pretty redundant? After all Invision and Vbulletin have always gone toe to toe in terms of features so if Invision has it....
                    Last edited by Spatial; 25-08-2010, 21:36.

Comment

A mobile version would be better, didnt like the look of that tapatalk personally. Like the mobile version of neogaf though, as said before very quick and responsive, not to mention well laid out.

Comment

NeoGAF uses Vbulletin so it would be great if we could get a similar mobile version to theirs

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          There is a big forum upgrade coming at some point in the future
                          I seem to recall hearing something about a forum facelift about a year ago, and that never seemed to happen?

Originally posted by NeilMcRae View Post
                          we're just waiting on the software finishing its testing.
                          I understand this is a smaller website and things aint going to be done quickly, but there does seem to be a lack of development on the forum over the past year or so.

It's a shame, and is one reason why I am no longer contributing to the site at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                            NeoGAF uses Vbulletin so it would be great if we could get a similar mobile version to theirs
                            I don't think that's VBulletin related though, I think one of their members designed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                              It's a shame, and is one reason why I am no longer contributing to the site at the moment.
                              I kind of know what you mean. I spend much of my time browsing on my phone and typing a reply is such a chore that sometimes I can't be bothered. By the time I've got in front of a proper PC, I forgotten what I was going to write or the moment has passed.

Comment

Some might say that's a good thing!

*ducks*

Comment

Working...
                                X