No announcement yet.

The Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the latest news that all the parties figures don't add up (what a surprise!), I'd say whoever gets in we're all going to be much worse off.

Comment

LOL what a n00b. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8649012.stm

Comment

He definitely screwed up there, didn't he? Certainly caused some damage with regards to votes, it's all over the news at the moment.

Comment

It's a common jibe to be labelled a bigot when you complain/comment about immigration, hence the rise in popularity of those that are willing to express the public's concerns.

Comment

Didn't see the full interview, it's entirely possible she was/is a bigot.

The word is misused a lot. It's usually coined in reference to racism but it can be applied to anyone who steadfastly defends views born out of ignorance and it wouldn't surprise me if that was fair a description of what the woman was like.

'Tis amusing though, it will be plenty ammunition for people who feel that Gordon Brown (and labour) only care about what they think, not what the public or experts think.

Do like these kinds of slip ups though, they tell you far more about a candidate than kissing babies and shaking hands with people in hard hats. Sometimes these things make me look at someone in a better light. I thought better of Prescott when he punched the guy who threw an egg at him (why is egging seen as an acceptable thing?).

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              Didn't see the full interview, it's entirely possible she was/is a bigot.

The word is misused a lot. It's usually coined in reference to racism but it can be applied to anyone who steadfastly defends views born out of ignorance and it wouldn't surprise me if that was fair a description of what the woman was like. .
              ...was my initial response as well.

Not sure I agree with your comment on her, as it involves a fair amount of assumption, but I agree that it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                That's Labour well and truly finished . You have too laugh too , It comes from the person , that likes to say British Jobs for British people .

What a top class bigot

Comment

Brown has apologised, which of course he had to, but part of me would love it if he stood by his comment.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8649308.stm - virtually the whole conversation.

She starts up on the contentious issue two minutes in but it's nowhere near dopey bigot territory.

Comment

All she's done clearly is talk about the issues that are important to her, there's nothing in there that deserved his comments you're right.

Comment

In which case he's an idiot who has (probably) irreparably damanged his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          All she's done clearly is talk about the issues that are important to her, there's nothing in there that deserved his comments you're right.
                          HERE ,Here .

but it's nowhere near dopey
                          Well there is one part , she says Gordon Brown done a good Job , only to then complain about the Debt . Lets all remember how run up the countries debt, inthe 1st Place .

Comment

*quickly trademarks bigotgate*

Comment

Who went to the last bilderburg meeting? who is most closly related to the Royal Family?

You have your next priminister. Even if Labour do not get in Mandleson will be in the shadows, lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Well there is one part , she says Gordon Brown done a good Job , only to then complain about the Debt . Lets all remember how run up the countries debt, inthe 1st Place .
                                You think it would have been better to let the banks fail or not prop up the economy with Government spending?

I'm no fan of Brown, but I think he did the right thing here. And the recent share price increase of the banks means we might all benefit from the Government's actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X