Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the QC on the Koto Doom was terrible, i don't think i have ever seen in hand pics of it.

The SS piece is a grail, you'll be lucky get a none EX for less then $1800.

The old Bowen FS is great i love the base. The newer ones are cool too! I still haven't seen a Doom that I'd like though. I like the castle base of the old one but like the modern styling of the modern one but i hate the gun...

Keep in mind that Sideshow are supposed to be putting out a 1/5 Doom Comiquette in 2012 too.
    Last edited by NeoDragoN; 31-12-2011, 00:54.

Comment

The gun is ridiculuous mate.

His super powers and he's holding a 9mm handgun!?!?

Comment

Love that Modern Doom...but yeah what is that pistol all about??

Didn't realise the Kotobukiya QC was that bad...must admit I don't think I've ever seen any in hand pics either.

Couple of bits of new Hot Toys news surfacing today.

First up Teaser shot only of Red Skull...

I think that will be a must buy for me...need someone for Captain America to pose with

But the biggest news & one that surprised me is Spiderman 3 Black Costume Spidey...

Depending on price I could be pretty tempted by that Spidey.
        The original red suit didn't really do much for me but that awesome Sandman base & the simply stunning Tobey headsculpt it takes the figure to a whole other level...just looks amazing

Neil

Comment

That's insane!

I really like Tobey Maguire as Spidey.

Comment

Shame the movie was a complete and utter embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
              Shame the movie was a complete and utter embarrassment.
              Lol you're not kidding...it had so much scope to be brilliant but Sam Raimi just wasn't interested was he???

Neil

Comment

So hard to know what went wrong there. I remember Raimi saying he wasn't all that interested in Venom. And then he shows up in 3. So maybe he was under a lot of pressure to include certain elements and, ultimately, he just didn't care about it any more. He has shown himself to be capable of much better. But then there was always weird stuff like the Macy Grey bit in Spiderman 1, which has to have been Sony rather than Raimi so perhaps those pulling the strings just buggered it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  So hard to know what went wrong there. I remember Raimi saying he wasn't all that interested in Venom. And then he shows up in 3. So maybe he was under a lot of pressure to include certain elements and, ultimately, he just didn't care about it any more. He has shown himself to be capable of much better. But then there was always weird stuff like the Macy Grey bit in Spiderman 1, which has to have been Sony rather than Raimi so perhaps those pulling the strings just buggered it all up.
                  That's very similar to what I think.
                  I had read as well that Raimi hates Venom with a passion & he was being forced to have him by Sony so to show his disgust at being forced to do what he didn't want he made the whole thing just a horrible cringe inducing mess...Parkers evil decent into Jazz Dancing hell show's his utter disdain for the whole thing IMO

Then there was the New Goblin thing as well, Sandman was fine & it could have been a great film if they had just focused solely on him & forgotten about the other 2 villains, but Sony wanted their way...got it & Raimi wrecked the film because of it.

I really think that if they wanted they could have used this to set up Venom for a 4th movie...made it so the Symbiote arrived & Parker took on the Black Costume later in the movie & show it start to play with his mind more & leave it as black suit spider at the end of the movie then use 4 to create the split & bring Venom in.

But nope Sony demand & Sony get shafted lol

Still I have high hopes for the Amazing Spiderman later this year so all will be forgotten then

Neil

Comment

Yeah, the new one is looking pretty good. And, like you, I think Sandman was fine. In fact, there was something very real about him (considering he's a bloke made of sand!) - I think if the film had much more focus,dropped the black suit/Venom stuff and was Spiderman vs Sandman, it could have been excellent.

Comment

Yeah Sandman was so well done & it just show's that if you let Raimi do what he wants then he can do amazing things as he did genuinely care about the source material (that shows just from 1 & 2) but once the studios get too involved in the creative process it goes soooo very wrong.

They really could have used this film as a set up for Venom later in the series once Raimi had handed over to a new director.
                      The best way for this to work would have been Spider Vs Sandman, focus on Connors & start to build him for the Lizard for 4, Develop the black suit throughout 3 have 4 as balck suit spidey & Lizard, end 4 with Split from Symbiote & Making it's transition to Brock then 5 is all about Venom

Would have been prefect that way IMO

Neil

Comment

Before the black suit and Venom get involved it's good.

Studio pressure. I imagine the suits sitting around a desk saying "the kids love that venom, he was really popular in 1994 lets put him in a film!"

Then they do a Venom that is nothing like Venom....weird screeching....no bulk....just terrible. Even the suit had no explanation, i don't expect them to do secret wars obviously but even the 90's cartoon worked around it and came up with a back story that was better than a meter landing...

I liked the team up with the new goblin and spidey at the end but after emo parker nothing could save that movie.

I think you could see the bit's Raimi had planned all the sandman and new goblin bits, it was just the black suit and Venom scenes, every scene he showed up in seemed forced.

Also Spider-man was around for 22 years before the black suit....why did they even need to put it in, plenty of cooler villains and events happened before.

Have you guys seen the pics of the lizard from the new movie? I kinda have a little hope for it, I'm just hoping the origin stuff is over in the first 20 - 30 mins and they can concentrate more on the lizard and the choices he has to make, i really hope its not 80 mins of origin and Peter "being emo" and then in the last 20 mins he accepts being spider-man and beats the lizard up.

Comment

Rearranged today a little.

My Bowen's

Comment

Ordered one of these bad boys today. look forward to it arriving from P-A:

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                              Rearranged today a little.

My Bowen's

Awesome collection buddy.

I'm seriously jealous of the Planet Hulk statue he looks amazing.

Wish I'd gotten into comic statues when they released him & the Maestro Hulk one I was mostly on my Transformers trip back then.

Neil

Comment

Check out the rest of the MK statues here http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?s...contentID=5337

Comment

Working...
                                X