No announcement yet.

Job Interview thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just show an eagerness to learn and develop and the job is yours. They will also be able to pay you less than a more senior candidate.

Everybody wins.

Comment

Good news! Good luck with the proper interview .

Comment

Back from the dead. Didn't actually get this job in the end, but got a better one 6 months later. Whoop.

anyhow, I've got an interview for a promotion this afternoon. urk.
        Super important to me as it means I will be earning almost double what I was 18 months ago.

I've got to do a presentation on an overly vaque subject then be grilled by our Commerical Director and the Managing Director for the UK,Scandinavia and South Africa.
        erk.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 22-05-2012, 10:13.

Comment

UK, Scandinavia and South Africa? Okay, well they're easy. You just dress in an amalgamation of the national costume from each of those countries. Be careful to get the balance absolutely equal or you'll put someone's nose out of joint. As for the Commercial Director, just use the word 'consumer' a lot and you'll be grand.

Also picture them all in their underwear if they aren't already just in their underwear. If they are already in their underwear, you may not want the promotion.

Comment

Be sure to follow the secret handshake protocol, or in this case secret Dutch Rudder. *winkwink*

Comment

If anyone has anything going that involves working with/fixing PCs, PC applications, or writing/journalism, give me a nod as I'm still looking here and it's getting annoying heh...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well that wasn't a fun experience. Bleurgh.
                Damn it I hate interviews.

Although apparently I did really well according to my manager who was also in on the action.

I did use the word 'consumer' on at least one occasion (it was already in my presentation, so Dog thang cant claim
                Any fees from me)

Comment

Well done, Boris. Crossed fingers, mate!

Comment

I don't think there is any such thing as a fun interview unfortunately. The only comfort I have found from sometimes giving interviews and having hired the people afterwards is that they usually went much better than you think so your manager is likely right. I've seen some on tv shows that are ruthless and maybe real interviews (not like I'm qualified to interview anyone) are just plain nasty with stupid trick questions... or is that just TV?

Comment

Whoop! Got the promotion, 10% more than I earn now, with upto ?20k in bonus and I get a new car which I'm allowed a bigger budget for.

Comment

Fantastic, well done! Nice way to start a weekend.

Comment

Indeed, browsing for a new car already.

Slightly scarier as the job is much more performance orientated, whereas now I kinda have the easy life, I could pretty much not do anything or even leave the house and nobody would know/care.

Sounds good, but it's not very challenging and I feel a bit unmotivated and the guilt kicks in quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
                          X