Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep a low profile and observe and listen. Work hard and be careful

Comment

Listen and ask sensible questions. Write down peoples names maybe. As above keep a low profile till you get settled in.

Comment

So ... how did they react to the big ****?

Comment

Ask everyone to call you J-Bird, should break the ice.

When shaking hands always do some sort of complicated "fresh prince and jazz" kind of shake.

Take along chewing gum so your breath is always minty fresh. Offer to people who have **** breath too.

I think you're ready.

Comment

well how did it go m8?

did you ask the office hottie out for a drink?

Comment

I would have been concerned if Beasley was posting on here today

Comment

expect the unexpected , and dont take any **** either.

Comment

make the tea. Everyone loves tea, but everyone loves tea being made for them even more! acts as a good excuse to move about with purpose and a good starting point for convo with strangers

Comment

Hah cheers guys it went fine, ill mainly be in my own office (I say office, its a large industrial shack) imaging PCs & distributing them etc, unfortunately a lack of honeys, we do have a call centre which contains the sex though I have yet to lay my eyes on the delights within.

There is one chick gotta be in her 40's in the main IT office, I see no wedding ring and not too bad considering, ahem.

Comment

GOlden rule, never mix work and pleasure. I have done it so many times and it always goes tits up no matter how promising it looks.

Although if you are on a temp contract with no extension chance go for it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        There is one chick gotta be in her 40's in the main IT office, I see no wedding ring and not too bad considering, ahem.
                        lol.......... Well done on your first week dude! Although I don't know how old you are, I do think that the lack of women in general, has mared your judgement, as im sure any woman in your work will look hot if they are the only one!

Now that you have your advice for teh 1st day/week sorted, you need to move to teh next step......... 'how do i make freinds with all theses people..........?'

Comment

Working...
                        X