No announcement yet.

Android recommended games and applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site with a rooting technique. Will this suffice?

Comment

Does anyone know who cares know what happened to Minecraft Pocket Edition which was meant to come out on Android phone on Thursday?

Comment

They found a rendering bug at the last minute and there's no new confirmed release date for it.

Comment

I was wondering about that too.

Comment

Ah, cheers.

Comment

Minecraft Pocket Edition is now out on android phone.

Comment

My 13 year old son has completed his first coding project
                https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nac.game&feature=search_result

I
                t's a simple Noughts & Crosses game.

Comment

Been playing Rock the Vegas recently. Like Paradise Island but more Vegas-y.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    I found this site with a rooting technique. Will this suffice?
                    Did you root your Desire?

Also, to anyone who can answer, if rooting is like having admin access on a Windows PC, does that ,mean it's easier to get hacked? Is CynagenMod (SP?) a good rom to install? Sorry for all the questions.

Comment

No not yet. Havent got around to it it. Does it completely wipe my phone? Forgot to ask.

Comment

I just rooted my (our) Xperia Play to get rid of all the ****e that comes pre-installed. Now the battery lasts twice as long, It's using up less RAM because of no more bull**** processes going on in the background, it boots up in seconds rather than minutes, most of the apps run from the SD card, and more internal space - not that that's needed... It's always nice to have a clean system though.

Honestly, I feel so ****ing godlike watching Samurai Champloo on the way to work in the mornings. It really gets my day off to a good start. Reminds me of watching kids TV before school when I was a kid.

Now I have a perfect platform for viewing anime and movies, reading manga, listening to music, playing SNES, MD, NeoGeo and CPS1,2+3 emulation, going online, and basically everything else less important such as messaging and phone calls. I really wish it could dispense pre-sparked spliffs, then it'd be perfect. I'm trying to convince my GF to get one on contract so we can have two, then she won't steal this one back for homosexual gaming such as Puzzle Bobble or Puzzle Fighter.

Anyway, yeah... Recommended games and apps... I did try Minecraft but this is just an alpha, right? I've never played the game before but this is just walking around and building random ****. I built a tower as high as I could and then jumped off of it, then there was nothing else to do. What a waste of my life.

Reckless Getaway. Quite a fun little blast of cops and robbers with plenty of meat to it.
                        Drag Race. God damn addictive drag race game with lots of cars and lots of grinding. I put about 12hrs into it in one day and ended up with a Lambo. It's free and has online play too. I'll probably be done with it soon though.

MX Video Player. This is the dog's bollocks with all the hairs. Plain and simple. It works like a dream. Free. No messing. Nice subtitle handling. It just plays your vids as you'd expect. No bull**** 'missing codec' errors like you'd normally get on a PC/mac either. It has played every file I've tried throwing at it too.

Titanium Back-up. Back up and move apps to SD card. Also clear cache and delete unwanted system apps and bloatware post root.
                        Root Explorer. File explorer which works great after rooting too. Clear out more unnecessary cacka and stubborn read-only files that can re-install the bloatware by altering permissions and blasting that **** into pure nothing but a memory.

---

Only on an 8gb card at the minute. I think I'll hold out until the 64mb ones drop and there's a system update to handle them.
                        Last edited by dataDave; 06-11-2011, 16:29.

Comment

Do you like your tower defence games??, if you do you'll like Myth defence LE and Sentinel3: Homeworld

Comment

Tiny Tower is up on Android now.

Comment

Just got a Sensation XE and the battery only lasts a day at most . Im a heavy txt'er and music listener

Love the phone tho, Data dave any way I can do similar to what you did to prolong the battery..?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
                                Just got a Sensation XE and the battery only lasts a day at most . Im a heavy txt'er and music listener

Love the phone tho, Data dave any way I can do similar to what you did to prolong the battery..?
                                Let me check the XDA dev forums. At the least you may need to gain root access so you can install certain modification/configuration apps, and remove any bloatware.

At most, you may have to unlock the boot loader to get rid of any pointless background apps that may be sapping resources, and further to that replace the ROM (front end) entirely to something more customizable. Optimising both of my handsets has been a nice hobby over the past two weeks and I've learnt all kinds of tricks. I'm getting two full days out of mine now with moderate(wifi/3g)-heavy(overclocking for CPS2/NeoGeo roms) usage and just one charge.

Here's your Sensation hub: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1109

The XE section is looking very 'new' at the minute. But I suggest spending a good couple of hours reading through the other threads, or in the meanwhile reading up about custom kernels (performance and overclocking) and ROMS (front ends). If you get stuck just ask - I'm usually ****e at all this kind of thing but so far everything has been easy.

If you solely just want to increase the battery (not recommended, I'd be going for the works to get the most out of everything) then first you need to root it, and then download a free app called Battery Calibration from the Android market. Leave your phone plugged into the mains until it says 100%/charged, leave it for a couple more hours (usually 100% isn't 'true' 100% with new batteries), and then run the app. Work the battery down to 0% with normal usage and no charging of any kind and then charge with the mains back up to 100% with no interruptions - then you're good to go.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 03-12-2011, 01:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X