No announcement yet.

Android recommended games and applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hello, I might as well spam this thread too. Sorry.

Agent Dash
    is out today on Android as well as iOS. It's free, so you can always delete it if you hate it.

I can't promise it'll run particularly well on some devices (we just don't have enough for testing purposes).

But if you're the proud owner of a brand-new Nexus 7 and want to download something decent-looking to show off to people, I *can* promise you that it runs like bloody greased lightning on the thing. I've had my best scores on the Nexus 7 and it's my go-to device when I want a quick sesh, purely because I can play it with my thumb (like I do on the iPhone), yet the screen's still big enough to see everything clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarbles View Post
      But if you're the proud owner of a brand-new Nexus 7 and want to download something decent-looking to show off to people, I *can* promise you that it runs like bloody greased lightning on the thing.
      Not that it matters to most because nobody here probably owns one but I can confirm that it runs silky smooth on my Sharp 104SH. Great game and for free too! Plus no stupid adds.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Not that it matters to most because nobody here probably owns one but I can confirm that it runs silky smooth on my Sharp 104SH. Great game and for free too! Plus no stupid adds.
        Glad it runs smoothly on your device

Thanks for letting me know! I might use this thread as part of our Android testing if anyone else wants to see how it runs on theirs

Hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Comment

Its one of those games which is ideal for when you're sitting on the bog

Comment

Not got it yet but this live wallpaper looks like the sh*t for ST:TNG fans:

Comment

Anyone tried any of these applications that search out free wireless networks/hotspots, just wondering if they are any use, i.e. what do they do that the enclosed software doesn't.

Do they automatically connect you with free networks as you roam around a city for example.

Comment

In Japan that's a standard built in app At least with the Softbank network it is. I seem to be connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot pretty much every time I take my phone out of the pocket when out and about in the city. Basically the app should detect a free Wi-Fi spot and automatically connect to it.
                Last edited by Yakumo; 15-08-2012, 02:25.

Comment

Do you have to get the backup tools to save your phone if needed from the google / android marketplace? Is there no other safe alternative with clean apps? I don't want to link my phone to a google account at this moment in time but I do want to install a rom on it, and the backup tools are behind the big G's walls. Somebody help me here.

Comment

Save your phone from Google? Are they going to take it from you? What?

You want to flash it with different firmware? I'm kind of having a hard time figuring out what you mean.

I am kind of tired though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                      Save your phone from Google? Are they going to take it from you? What? You want to flash it with different firmware? I'm kind of having a hard time figuring out what you mean. I am kind of tired though.
                      I don't want to use the google app store to dl the apps to backup the system data before I install a custom firmware / rom. I'm tired too, lol.

Comment

Is your phone rooted?

Not well up on phones but I did root my Wildfire S. I can now (and do) backups from the menu I access when turning on whilst holding Vol-.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                          Is your phone rooted? Not well up on phones but I did root my Wildfire S. I can now (and do) backups from the menu I access when turning on whilst holding Vol-.
                          I need to root, but all guides recommend a full back up using apps they can't provide for download, except from the Android Store.

Comment

You may have already seen this but it's a guide on how to backup the phone when it's not unlocked or rooted,
                            Like a lot of you, I have been putting off unlocking the bootloader on my Nexus because I didn't want to have to go through the hassle of backing up everything manually and restoring individual application data; logging back into apps; saving...

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                              You may have already seen this but it's a guide on how to backup the phone when it's not unlocked or rooted, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1420351
                              Hey, thanks for that. I really appreciate the help, and I hadn't seen it. The problem is, due to phone providers / manufacturers and their dubious update rollouts, my phone isn't running Android 4 or a similar version which that guide is written for. Thanks again, though, that would have completely solved my problem if my phone was more up to date FW wise.

Comment

Aah, sorry it doesn't suit.

That site seems pretty good though might be an idea having a rummage through it or putting up a question, I got all my tips on how you check for S-Off mode and rooting on there.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X