No announcement yet.

Android recommended games and applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of any good golf games that aren't one of the many Everybody's Golf clones, Golf Star, by EA or involve stickmen and/or flick mechanics?

Comment

I bought the NeoGeo emulator NEO.EMU just for a portable version of Neo Turf Masters. Runs great, and is perfectly playable on a touch screen due to its slow pace. And of course it's an immensely solid golf game.

Comment

Now that is what I wanted to hear. Thanks, wakka. Excellent game is that.

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Anyone recommend a decent N64 emulator on Android?

Comment

Can't get off Star Wars Commander right now...
              And I've got Google Fit on my phone, which seems to track how much I walk quite accurately even without full location services and mobile data enabled.

Comment

Which web browser do you guys use? Chrome and previously tried Opera but they don't display pages great on my phone, has got worse over last couple of months and need to sort it now.

Comment

I used to use Dolphin Browser on my Xperia Play, which is a really nice.

Edit: On a side note, I also use InBrowser, which is supposed to be for incognito browsing of the web (i.e. the pretty ladies with the boobies), however, I got fed up with having dozens of links open in my main browser when I followed links from Facebook, Twitter and on here and the memory filling up pretty fast and find this is a brilliantly simple solution.

If I open a link using InBrowser, no files are stored after the browser is closed:
                  "Absolutely no data is saved.
                  When you exit the app, all data and history is removed. Everything that goes on in the browser is removed when you hit Home, Exit, or Close."
                  Last edited by QualityChimp; 24-12-2014, 09:54.

Comment

I'm on Chrome. Which phone have you got again? There's a chrome samsung support library app, but I don't use it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...extras.samsung

Comment

Sony Z Ultra Charles.

On this image for example, just doesn't display correctly, font too small in places, prices missing off right hand page and 360 game isn't even listed.
                      www.majornelson.com if you want to see it correctly, ggrrrrrr.

Will try Dolphin, heard good things about it before come to think of it. Was wary of any dodgy browser apps on the store.

Last edited by VR46; 24-12-2014, 10:07.

Comment

Whole load of free apps on Amazon App Store for the next couple of days. Personally, I don't know how I lived without a copy of The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body prior to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                          Which web browser do you guys use? Chrome and previously tried Opera but they don't display pages great on my phone, has got worse over last couple of months and need to sort it now.
                          Chrome, works fine for me, just remember to check the "request desktop site" option.

Anyone tried Godus?

Comment

I use Chrome for browsing the net but before that was Opera. Both work great on my Xperia ZL2. Chrome used to have really bad scrolling issues on my old Sharp phone though.

Here's that link running in phone mode (hate phone browser modes)

And in desktop mode. Both shots from Chrome.

Last edited by Yakumo; 25-12-2014, 05:53.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Whole load of free apps on Amazon App Store for the next couple of days. Personally, I don't know how I lived without a copy of The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body prior to this day.
                              Thanks for that. Son is dead chuffed that Terraria is now his. On my tablet.... Whenever I want to use it, it's always charging up

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                                Firefox, I never quite got into Chrome or Opera. There was a time when FF was very slow, especially on low-end phones, but it got better. It's still a heavy browser, but I can synch with with my desktop and laptop, so it's a plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X