Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweets like Black Jacks / Fruit Salad in Aston Villa colours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweets like Black Jacks / Fruit Salad in Aston Villa colours?

A friend of mine remembers some sweets like this and she swears they were wrapped in Aston Villa colours. I can't think what it may be, but its definately not Bruiser. I have come to the fountain of all knowledge to find out it such a sweet existed or whether she's remembering it wrong!

Sure it wasn't bruiser? They had 2 flavours, a purple/green one and another with similar colours to that.

I used to eat tons of chewy sweets and cant remember anything specifically.

Comment

Not Mojo's or Chewits?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
        Sure it wasn't bruiser? They had 2 flavours, a purple/green one and another with similar colours to that.

I used to eat tons of chewy sweets and cant remember anything specifically.
        Ive looked at the cola Bruisers and don't think thats it. cant find a pic of the chews though, just the bar.

Comment

www.aquarterof.co.uk might be helpful. on a similar note, I want Fizzy Chewits and Citrus Polos back, i used to buy and devour about 3 packs of the latter at a time.

Comment

Could they be MAOAMs?

Comment

Maoams are rar too recent I think.

How about Anglo-Bubbly? They had a spot of yellow in as well mind... and were bubblegum.

Comment

LOL I suggested Fruit salad and then noticed the thread title.
                Last edited by gaanbo; 02-06-2010, 18:11. Reason: stupidity

Comment

Vimto chews? :S

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll ask her if its any of these. If not I reckon its just a wrong memory!

Comment

On the subject of sweeties:

Marks and Spensers used to do fruit crumbles (largish sugary fruit flavoured sweets with a semi-hollow honeycomb texture). They stopped doing them and only do mint crumbles now.

Anyone know where you can get them (or something similar to them) now?

Comment

How about this query:

A soft chew bar from the early to mid-eighties, four fruit flavours in one bar going from yellow, green, orange and pink colours. Any idea what they were called? I remember being bang into them before being able to understand and read English so I can't even recall a visual of what they might even be called. I remember the taste like I had one just yesterday.

Comment

I think either Cola or Blackcurrant Chewits were wrapped up in the manner she describes. Blackcurrant if I had to stick my neck out. I think cola were purple and white.

Remember: Chewits are even chewier than Barrow in Furness Bus Depot!!

Have investigated further - surely this is they?

Last edited by Plough Boy; 03-06-2010, 06:27. Reason: Picture

Comment

is it fruit sweet or chewing gum or chocolate or toffee or liquorice or mint to help us narrow it down.

Is it Blackcurrant Fruit Pastilles

Comment

Some of you are really getting into this! Just like me a few days ago... I will ask all those questions asap guys! I don't think its chewits as they were the same shape as black jacks - you could buy them singular, same shape from a tub under the newsagents counter!

Comment

Working...
                              X