No announcement yet.

Los Angeles - anyone been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely second the comment about the Indiana Jones ride. Best. Ride. Ever

Comment

I was in LA this January just after CES with Panasonic, they took us through the Warner tour which was great fun, you get to go to a lot of actual sets and see real costumes, props, vehicles etc. The Universal tour is more theme park-y but very fun too. Do both.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Go to a shooting range and fire some guns.
        This man deserves a prize! Awesome idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          This man deserves a prize! Awesome idea!!
          If you have time, do it across the border in Nevada so you can get the full effect, not just the Californian watered-down version

Comment

Don't go to Hollywood. Its a sh*thole , but good for shopping unsurprisingly.

Beverly Hills tour is pretty good though

Santa Monica is lovely as people have pointed out and if you can stretch to it, i would try and take in San Fran as it's a mega place.

You can also do the Tijuana trip in Mexico just over the US border if you fancy some cheap shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Eps View Post
              If you have time, do it across the border in Nevada so you can get the full effect, not just the Californian watered-down version
              My friend Kris (a girl, btw!) wants to do this when we're in Vegas next month
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                So, yeah, off to LA next week. With E3 only taking up 3 of my 8 days there I was wondering if any of you could recommend some cool things to do.

I was planning on running about asking anyone if they'd seen Jack Bauer but obviously he lives in New York now so...

But if anybody can recommend some interesting places to visit (and point me in the direction of a decent Blu-ray retailer ) I'd be very grateful.

I've never been to the US. How expensive is stuff like food and drink? Just so I know my budget.

Thanks.
                I lived in Los Angeles for five years. At the time, my go-to store for optical media was Laser Blazer, on Pico in West Los Angeles. It's been a decade, but a quick google search reveals that their store is still in operation and still in the same location. It's also close to Sony Pictures* so you could probably work a stop in with a studio tour if that's the sort of thing you're interested in doing.

Second up is Fry's Electronics on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach, but that's a long drive from anywhere.

Be sure to eat at In N' Out Burger while you're in LA, it's one of the cultural highlights.

* "close" in LA terms, anyway. Sony Pictures is on Overland Avenue, if you take Overland up to Pico you wind up hitting Pico just west of Laser Blazer.

Comment

Working...
                X