Comic Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of monthly comics I'm currently reading the following

DMZ (Vertigo) - Bloody amazing series, fantastic characters and it has a real message and power about it. I'd highly recommend people check it out.

Greek Street (Vertigo) - Pretty good comic which takes the classic Ancient Greek stories and puts them in a modern setting.

Ex Machina (Wildstorm) - Very good series that mixes a superhero story with politics.

Hellblazer (Vertigo) - Been reading Hellblazer for years and years now its currently pretty good but its definitely had some low moments as well writing wise.

Other than those I generally wait and buy the TPBs when I can find them at good prices. I usually read pretty much everything that Vertigo put out tho, you can't really go with a Vertigo series.

Comment

Judge Dredd Megazine hits its 300th issue this week.

Always available at WH Smiths and the like, so it'll be worth picking up for its significant occassion.

I'm personnaly not really a fan of Dredd, but it may be a good point to start reading his stories.

Comment

I miss the old 2000 AD.

This thread got me thinking about comics again, and I ordered some graphic novels and a Spotlight On George Perez book. Perez is one of my favourite artists.

I bought Crisis On Infinite Earths, Who Is Donna Troy and the recent Kick Ass GN. Didn't like the Kick Ass art at all.

Also purchased an excellent book on comics called The Comic Book Heroes, by Gerard Jones and Will Jacobs. I've read a few chapters and it's a great read.

Comment

Working...
        X