Mind Games and Dating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ady View Post
    A while back, she did what a lot of women do nowadays after another failed relationship, which is to declare that she's done with men, at which point she suddenly decided she was a lesbian.
    but now claims she's not actually a lesbian, but bi.

I've heard that genuinely gay/bi people don't like people like this. I'm not surprised.
    Ah, pretend bisexuals! It would be flattering if it didn't create so much confusion. If she actually was that way, then it's likely she'd see the inanity of writing off an entire gender because of a bad experience.

Regarding mind games, it's why I don't bother with the whole "dating" thing. If I find someone nice, cool, if not, who cares?

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
    The gem was when we were on the cusp of breaking up. I met her in town and she interrupted our conversation by pulling out a Geology textbook from her degree course and asking me questions about riverbed erosion due to water flow. She had a go at me for not knowing the answers, so I said that she was doing the Geology degree, not me. She snapped the book shut and screamed "Well you f***ing should know!" and spent the rest of the afternoon in a huff.
    Have you ever found an explanation for that? That is just bat-**** crazy!
    Last edited by Lyris; 16-07-2010, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
      Have you ever found an explanation for that? That is just bat-**** crazy!
      I never got a direct explanation but I reckon she was trying to provoke an angry response so she could feel justified about being a bloody loon and treating me like crap- always easier to be nasty to somebody who has been nasty before. Her strategy backfired a bit as it made the breakup that much easier and she sent me a letter years later, asking if we could reconcile. I fired off a quick e-mail to tell her that I'd met my (future) wife and had a jolly chuckle when I threw it in the bin.

Comment

And people wonder why domestic abuse exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          My current girlfriend is thankfully free of the mind games... actually I have to say I've been fairly "lucky" in respect to dating girls who aren't into that sort of folly. Makes it far easier to know where I stand with them and I can actually believe the things they are saying to me. If I did get someone doing that... I think it might be interesting in that I'd see it as a challenge to out-think them

Replace "some" with "quite a few"... I've never completely understood it myself as to why and what, that paying compliments can be taken at such unassuming value. Literally I have been told in response that I have to be lying. Then again, I do also wonder if some women are of this mentality (audio is partially NSFW) when hearing things from guys, and hence choose to ignore most of them!
          Basically if your good at Street Fighter you'll do well with these kind of women. mind games and women really are just a bad combination nothing more I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            And people wonder why domestic abuse exists.
            Speaking of domestic abuse, did you know that studies have shown that women are actually more likely to be the abuser?

Women were much more likely to slap and hit, but men are more likely to rape (makes total sense) and do more damage when they fly off the handle.

It's a serious problem, but as usual, I hate the gender bias.

Comment

From what I have heard the initiation of violence is about 50/50. It is just that men are more likely to be prosecuted a less likely to report abuse by a female spouse. The one thing they cannot measure is emotional abuse which I can bet women are by majority the perpetrators and I believe is just a serious as physical abuse.

Comment

Altho this thread seems to be about the evils of women at the mo, I'm sure there are a few non mental women out there. The problem is they seem to be few & far between & I've never ever met one

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
                  @Ady I wish you the article you linked to was complete satire but http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Time-Tes.../dp/0446602744 is a best selling book and is nearly identical to the article.
                  Hmm... well if you read the comments, you'll find that most of them are negative, which suggests that there are some people who don't take this nonsense too seriousy.

Comment

The Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
                    I'll write you a much easier book.

1. Don't tell lies.
                    2. Give up some of your selfishness (i.e. expecting him to join you in jizzing away 30 grand on a wedding) and decide on things that you can both enjoy rather than both tolerate.
                    3. If you want something, ask for it. Don't expect men to make moves on you because you smile at them. We are amazing yes, but we are not mind readers

Comment

1. Don't tell lies.
                      2. Give up some of your selfishness (i.e. expecting him to join you in jizzing away 30 grand on a wedding) and decide on things that you can both enjoy rather than both tolerate.
                      3. If you want something, ask for it. Don't expect men to make moves on you because you smile at them. We are amazing yes, but we are not mind readers

I love it Lyris!!

Comment

1. Don't tell lies.
                        It'll never catch on.

Comment

Working...
                        X