No announcement yet.

How long is your commute to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, you are all wimps, wimps i tells ya!

I leave my house at 7.20am and usually get home at 11.30pm (if i'm lucky!)

Admitteably, that is due to overtime (which isn't overtime at all mind, it's compulsory but i choose to work extra overtime, so in essence i suppose THAT is overtime...), but without 'overtime' i'll totter back home around 8pm (again, if i'm lucky). Long days but absolutely nothing compared to past jobs... I'd rather work the hours i do and be happy than work 9am until 2pm yet come home depressed.

I suppose it's important to feel that the time spent to, from and during is time well spent.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I trust you like your job enough then to give up all your free time?*

I would have to both love my job and be slightly mad to do the hours you're working... and even then, I'd be depressed afterwards, as I'd be reflecting on my very existence and purpose in life.

*This is where you point out it's only one day a week you work

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum
        I would have to both love my job and be slightly mad to do the hours you're working... and even then, I'd be depressed afterwards, as I'd be reflecting on my very existence and purpose in life.
        Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll go spare having 3 hours a night (including having to shower make lunch etc and eat dinner) and then do it all again, and have 48hrs at the weekend to 'enjoy' oh how kind.

****ing ****

Comment

Forgot to mention... those hours include weekends

Speaking from personal experience, i've done a lot of ****ty jobs - literally, from picking up horse **** to wiping people's arses - so what i do now is an absolute godsend.

When i spent hours / days / weeks on my artwork i feel like i am working towards something, something worth working towards - and i feel my job is no different.

It must be shared it is difficult keeping up with everything, to be honest i can't... but as long as I work hard and keep my misses and her little one happy, that's all that counts
          Last edited by Adam Stone; 16-07-2010, 22:46.

Comment

Enjoyed getting home by 8pm tonight, it's been lovely catching up on some good-old web browsing. Working tomorrow same as today, then off next Saturday... Awww, i can't wait - going to lie in until 9am, 9 i tells thee!

I was speaking to people at work today and there's one chappy who has to travel even further then me, bless his cotton socks. When i don't have a lift i do enjoy the train travels. I find it really relaxing chilling there listening to my music, letting my mind settle down whilst reflecting on the day.

In a previous Job I lived a lot closer to work, so close in fact it literally only took a few minutes to get to. That never sat well with me, i always felt rushed and my mind was a bit cloudy before work and then hectic when i got home. At least with a fair distance it allows the mind to be totally refresh. Anyone feel the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
              Davesol, you're in Canadia? Did you move over there?
              i have a one year visa up until the end of january. in vancouver at the moment but doing a bit of travelling around the rockies on monday and then going back to toronto for at least a few months. really love it out here

Comment

Working...
              X