Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lid switch works fine though, bit strange. Maybe they just lost the cables and lied or something.

Oh well, flashed it to NTSC-J and hardwired the PSU to the motherboard.

Comment

Hmmm, makes me want to dig out my DC (that does have a dodgy lid switch - fixed through the use of a big lump of blu-tac).

Comment

My Japanese DC does that sometimes.

Weirdly, it never happens while I'm actively using it. It'll often happen if I pause a game for a while or leave it at the title screen. Dunno why I never got round to sorting it out because I was playing Code Veronica on it recently, knowing full-well that a random reset would stop me playing the game completely(my UK DC did it once while I paused CV but that was the PSU problem, not the lid switch). It didn't happen. Was thinking about just soldering the contacts but that's a bit permanent...

Comment

Opening the door to TNT to find I've been treated to Street Fighter X Tekken SE instead of normal one

Comment

Bloody hell!

*checks what comes with the SE*

Bloody hell!

4pm, so it's cheese and crackers time. Mature cheddar, Roule, Port Salut and Brie. MmmMMM
            Last edited by randombs; 07-03-2012, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
              Was thinking about just soldering the contacts but that's a bit permanent...
              I use wire to solder the lower section of the pins connected to the motherboard to the solder pads on the underside of the PSU. This was the PSU is easily removable so I can desolder it whenever.

Have been thinking of ways to make it tidier, but this will do for now.

Comment

Oh sorry I was talking about the lid switch, not the PSU. PSU on my JP DC has been rock-solid(it's a UK PSU)

Comment

My daughter eating a mini Mars bar and gleefully nodding while eating to show that it is damn nice!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                    4pm, so it's cheese and crackers time. Mature cheddar, Roule, Port Salut and Brie. MmmMMM

How very sophisticated!

Comment

I sometimes go M&S and buy the little 40p cheeses. They're more fun than Kit Kat and stuff

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      My daughter eating a mini Mars bar and gleefully nodding while eating to show that it is damn nice!
                      Kids are hilarious when they eat food. The faces they pull are almost always priceless, especially if it's something like lemon
                      Last edited by randombs; 07-03-2012, 21:42.

Comment

My kid sister can eat a whole lemon without so much as batting an eye lid. She is 9 now but has been able to do it since the first time she tried one (a bit from a drink, everyone watching expecting a face was left disappointed!).

Comment

After my various Japanese dreams, the one Spanish dream and, more recently, an Arabic one(that's all my languages covered), I was speaking Spanish to a Japanese person in last night's dream. Of course, he couldn't understand me, which made it even more hilarious - I kept saying stuff like que? and por favor and he was all anooo and suimasen. I woke up in stitches

Comment

My last dream involved me being attacked by a load of angry cats while my lovely 3DS was falling apart in my hands.

Comment

Just got back from watching Fascinating Aida with my friend's girlfriend. That made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                                Opening the door to TNT.
                                I'm glad your sentence didn't end there! You could've had an explosive morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X