Child Benefit Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    To be honest I'm fairly glad these changes are in place. While it is a bit silly a couple earning ?43K each still gets benefits whereas a single ?44k earner doesn't. The truth is that someone earning ?44k+ doesn't need the benefits, whether they're a lone earner or not.

If they have to make lifestyle adjusts then so be it but frankly, unless they're budgeting is piss poor, these adjustments will be so minor as to be barely noticable.

I get fed up of every budget giving ever more to people with children and the ever increasing trend of treating the childless as second class citizens.
    You're speaking from experience right? I earn close to the ?44k cap, my wife stays at home to look after our son, and our monthly budget is very tight. While I agree that benefits have to be reigned in, the way this is implemented is punishment for people who choose to try and raise their kids themselves rather than chuck them in childcare as soon as maternity leave ends.

Comment

I can see both sides tbh. Its nice for kids to be brought up by at least 1 of their parents but at the same time I think that 45k is a massive wage to have.

Speaking of money being thrown away, whats happening with that Labour introduced policy of putting money away for parents to give to their kids when they are 18? It should be shelved imo because parents should be doing that themselves not expecting even more payouts.

Comment

think it is being shelved, in the next couple of years...I think!

Comment

Working...
        X