This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    what does a ?58 usb cables do, that a?2.99 one doesnt?

serious question.
    For the world of digital sound. Review (very brief) http://www.whathifi.com/review/formula-2

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      what does a ?58 usb cables do, that a?2.99 one doesnt?

serious question.
      I can understand the logic behind your question. When you transfer an audio file from one device to another using a USB cable you get an identical file copied. The cable either works or it doesn't and it's all digital. However, during the transfer there may have been errors but the USB drivers either end can detect this and request the data be sent again. Audio gear doesn't have this luxury. The data has to get there, on time, every time.

That said, a ?5 USB cable is probably capable of achieving this 99.99999999% of the time so it is still snake oil and I'd love to see the results of a blind test between ?5 and ?500 usb cables.

Comment

I think a very large amount of this audiophile stuff is a simple case of 'the emperor's new sound system'. Unless the person buying it is like, a bat or a dolphin or something.

Comment

Ideally I want a customer base of Quiet Bat People.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            FSW - you don't like the pencil art? (I don't like the picture spacing...)
            Oh I love the pencil art! It's just the way the site is put together is somewhat '90s. Also just going to eartohear.co.uk lists the website contents in raw text format. Did you do the site yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
              And finally... Another World is available for those who randomly chose the Sony Reader as their ebook viewer of choice: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/gor...00000000743486. No more spam until the next book!
              Can you get this onto the UK store mate?

Comment

Hello all,

I've got some posters up for sale over on http://megadrive.me, so am pimping them here too —

MD001 POSTER
                An original design by Dan Clarke (@danclarke) featuring a homage to the Japanese Mega Drive scene.

Three colour silkscreen A1 poster, printed on heavy weight 220 gsm Takeo paper, part of the beautiful new range of Japanese papers from GF Smith.

Limited run of 100 individually numbered prints.

cheers!

Comment

Any idea on prices and dimensions?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    Oh I love the pencil art! It's just the way the site is put together is somewhat '90s. Also just going to eartohear.co.uk lists the website contents in raw text format. Did you do the site yourself?
                    Yeah - but we are working hard to improve it constantly!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Any idea on prices and dimensions?
                      Is that a question for me, or a previous discussion?

Comment

Aimed at you mate. Very interested.

Comment

Posters are ?30 exc P&P
                          Size — A1 (841x594mm)
                          220gsm GF Smith Takeo paper (new Japanese inspired range, possibly first prints made using this paper)

Click on the pics on that front page for a link to the store.

cheers

Comment

Set up my decks & mixer, here are the results of the experiment:
                            Turntable type things, some delicious game related sounds & a ^Katsu

1210's released from storage after 3 years, lets see what happens heh ;)

Comment

Hah! Love that last one.

Comment

Working...
                              X