Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, if you like SF I'd go for Max. It's a dystopian anti-capitalist kind of thing. The one I'm writing right now is more traditional SF, with rockets and androids. It should be ready in a few months.

I wouldn't fancy reading 100,000 words on a DS, so I'd recommend going the laptop / PC route and downloading the PDF version of the book, which has professional 'novel-tyle' formatting. Alternatively, you can download the text version and paste it into a word processor, or buy the epub version and use something like Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to view it.

Comment

Crikey, that's quite a few books! Well done. I gave up after my first - far too much work involved!

And while I'm here...

A short comic series I made. In actual fact, The Continuing Adventures of Coffeetableman started life being sketched on random eBay packages I posted. I'd do a sketch, add a random number (ie: 73, 112, etc), and then post them. Some emailed to say how it had brightened their day, others threatened to leave bad feedback they were so offended. I wish I had scanned each of these before sending them. Sadly I did not, and so the original series is lost. I made about 20. Recently(ish) I went and redrew 9 of them again. I had intended to redo all of them, as best as I could remember, and make some new ones, but lack of time and motivation curtailed that.

Comment

Custom Bracelets for your Lady (or you)

Hey all

My partner has just launched her new jewellery brand, check it out if you need some handmade retro bracelets in your life. Some of them have even been made by me...

We can also do orders and personalised ones, I made a Soundwave and a wolverine bracelet last week for someone.

Her contact email is [email protected] and website with link to most of her things is www.punkonomix.com

Info and updates on 3 blogs -

1. www.junkonomix.tumblr.com for jewellery and making stuff etc
        2. www.DirtyPunkyThings.tumblr.com for the punk family stuff I want to be publish into an awesome punk self help mothering book
        and
        3. www.punkonomix.tumblr.com for tattoos that I am doing currently

The jewellery is selling on two sites:
        ASOS Market Place www.asosmarketplace.com
        Here is the link: https://marketplace.asos.com/search?q=junkonomix

and on Etsy: www.etsy.com
        Here is the Link: http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?...ery&ship_to=US

all enquiries should be thrown over to [email protected] coz you know what i'm like crazy phone numbers will not be answered.

If anyone is interested drop me or her a shout!

Comment

There's no way to make this sound polite, but has she had any proper tattoo training at all? Served any apprenticeship? You could be letting yourself in to a minefield there.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            There's no way to make this sound polite, but has she had any proper tattoo training at all? Served any apprenticeship? You could be letting yourself in to a minefield there.
            Yeah, we have lessons once a week with her tattoo artist. It is outside the scope of a proper apprenticeship and everyone is told that first, I even have a longform waiver that I drafted No likey - no tattooy

Comment

What do you practice tattooing on?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                What do you practice tattooing on?
                Pig skin, cantaloupe melon and the unwanteds at the local hospital...

Comment

50% off my first book during "read an ebook" week.
                  A story about a man who just wanted to sell windows throughout his home galaxy. Boring? He could only hope... Inspired by the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books and the Discworld series. But not entirely completely dissimilar.

Use code REW50 at check out.

Comment

Could you tattoo Sketcz's coffee table man on my right shoulder?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                      Could you tattoo Sketcz's coffee table man on my right shoulder?
                      Which adventure?

Comment

In a new adventure! Scetcz, what adventure could he have on my right shoulder?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          Yeah, we have lessons once a week with her tattoo artist. It is outside the scope of a proper apprenticeship and everyone is told that first, I even have a longform waiver that I drafted No likey - no tattooy

And that, in a nutshell, is why tattooing has gone to ****.
                          Last edited by ItsThere; 05-03-2012, 21:46.

Comment

The 'numericals' tattoo.... what body part is that supposed to be...?

Comment

Uh-oh, here I come with my work hat on.

Dude, be very, very careful what you're doing with the tattooing. I don't know the full circumstances here but there's a few issues which could catch you out here, and using a waiver won't count for much if the Local Authority find out.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                                And that, in a nutshell, is why tattooing has gone to ****.
                                Oh.. how do you learn then?

Comment

Working...
                                X