No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in growing your own chillies? Hydroponics is where it's at and one of the Chilli Fiends writers went along to learn about it.

They do some decent sauces too and as mentioned earlier in this thread, their fresh chillies are fab.

It's the Benington Chilli Festival today (Sun) and bank holiday Monday - well worth a trip if you're nearby: http://www.beningtonlordship.co.uk/e...festival.shtml

Comment

Does anyone grow chillis here?

When i made my last few batches of chilli jam i decided to save the seeds to see if they would grow. Had birds eye chillis, regular not that hot chillis & even some Romano peppers. Suprisingly they all grew, seems all my window sills are covered in pots of chilli plants they are about 30cm tall now & the Romanos have started to show buds for flowering.

Have sunny window sills so they seem to be thriving, weither we get any fruit is another thing. Never thought they would grow here though. Anyone got any tips?

Comment

An automatic watering kit is really useful.

We've been watering our hanging baskets and plant pots using the automatic system, consisting of a timer and series of drip feeders.

You could also can consider an automatic feeder tray that waters at the roots for up to 14 days.

Mini Chilli greenhouse and watering (irrigation)
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-08-2014, 12:34.

Comment

Hmm, I'm always forgetting to keep the plants watered, might be worth a look.

I got a couple of new sauces for Christmas, three of them Encona and then this one, which is in a squeezy bottle so will be awesome I'm sure

Also, now is your chance to vote for your favourite chilli producers in the People's Choice UK Chilli Awards.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Have sunny window sills so they seem to be thriving, weither we get any fruit is another thing. Never thought they would grow here though. Anyone got any tips?
          Feed them once a week and you'll get better pods I use this stuff.
          Last edited by MartyG; 05-01-2015, 12:20.

Comment

Cheers for the recommend Marty. Just ordered some

Comment

Couple of new ones in. From Firefoods

And from Mr Vikki's and The Devon Chilli Man

Yet more from Safari Sauces

Last edited by MartyG; 06-03-2015, 14:27.

Comment

I can vouch for Mr Vickki's.

I have just finished a jar of 'King Naga'. Hot, but not enough to strip the insides of your mouth. Really nice flavour to it. I'm hoping my wife picks up a jar at the Chester Food Festival later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Couple of new ones in. From Firefoods

Ha ha haaaaa!

Comment

Of interest to anyone? In short they are looking for Chilli reviewers etc.

Comment

Got a new one, the container is awesome. Available from Bloody Hell Hot Sauce.

Comment

Some more things arrived in a hot box

Comment

I'm not a hardcore chilli fan, but I am partially to the odd drop now and then.

It was the Chester Food and Drink Festival last week, so my wife who attended, brought these back from her jaunt.

The King Naga is about my limit. Hot enough, without obliterating the taste of the food or my stomach lining.

Comment

Good choices, Mr Vikki's stuff is great - the King Naga pickle is one of his best. http://www.mrvikkis.co.uk/

I'd also recommend his Garlic Pickle, Banana Pickle and Hot Stuff sauce.

Comment

Is that yours Marty? You seem to have a serious penchant for chilli's!!

Dread to think what it would be like going out for a curry with you, lol!

I've just noticed that the Queen Naga has more chilli's than the King Naga?! Not sure I would even want to try the Queen one, it appears to have more than double the heat level. Ridiculous!

Comment

It's part of my wider hot sauce collection yes

Comment

Working...
                                X