X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    It's part of my wider hot sauce collection yes

very impressive -

i remember adding a micro dot of 'daves insanity sauce' to a curry once. it went from korma to vindaloo is 2 seconds and was pretty much inedible (and i like hot curries) :-(

Comment

Dave's Insanity has capsaicin extract in it and really isn't very pleasant, pretty much all extract sauces have a metallic taste to them. Most of my sauces don't and taste better for it

The new thing at the moment is sauces containing Trinidad moruga scorpion chillies, such as the one below, although they can be pricey because the chillies are in shorter supply. Can't beat the Naga really

Comment

Erm, okay.

So I've just had a dab of this and I wouldn't file the experience under "enjoyable".

I'm not crying or anything, but it's definitely hot!

Comment

Not one I've heard of before - there aren't that many reaper sauces about so I might well check it out.

If anyone is running low ... http://www.hot-headz.com/Trinidad-Mo...li-pepper-Mash

Edit: Ordered some
          Last edited by MartyG; 06-07-2015, 18:07.

Comment

Got my Bernie Bumm sauces finally, the first lot were lost by the courier so I'm told. Not tried them yet, but they should run quite hot.

Available from http://www.berniebumm.co.uk/

Comment

Bernie Bumm is right. I've tasted that stuff in the past. Can't say the visit to the bathroom was anything but painful. Felt like shards of glass!

Comment

New stuff I got recently from Hot Headz

And yes, I don't really rate Encona highly (there's loads of better sauces about), but it's cheap and the Extra Hot is passable as a general everyday sauce without spending ?5+ a bottle.

Comment

Some more chilli sauce arrivals, this time from Fire Foods

Comment

New sauces, first of the year

Comment

Gingo Bandito I'd buy them purely on the name and label! Where are those from?

Comment

here: http://www.hot-headz.com/index.php?s...scription=true

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Good choices, Mr Vikki's stuff is great - the King Naga pickle is one of his best. http://www.mrvikkis.co.uk/

I'd also recommend his Garlic Pickle, Banana Pickle and Hot Stuff sauce.

Interesting....are these pickles anything like achaars? I cant find a decent carrot achaar from the usual Pak-Indo brands, so curious about the carrot pickle there.

Comment

The Hot Brinjal Piquin and Carrot Pickle would be along those lines. The Hot Brinjal Piquin is hot and sour, mostly made from aubergines. All of Mr Vikki's stuff is really nice tasting - the Naga pickles are on the hotter size and more paste like.

Last edited by MartyG; 14-01-2016, 21:06.

Comment

Thanks MartyG and for the photo. Looks well nice. The carrot pickle I have now is from India...really substandard
                              . I try not to buy any food product from there - food scandals like China happen a lot - should`ve known better.

Going to have a good hard look to see if I can`t find this locally. It is made in Britain, right?

Comment

Made in the Lake District, easiest to get it through the website I linked although it is in a few of the shops locally to Cumbria (which is how I discovered Mr Vikki's). This stuff is only made is small batches by hand.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 15-01-2016, 05:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X