No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this seriously is the last of the chilli sauces I'm going to buy for a while - no really. Probably. Maybe.

Thing is I've been sent yet another link and they have some sauces I've not seen before too: http://www.chillibugs.co.uk/

Perhaps just a couple more won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I think the inventors of "Show Your Tits Hot Sauce" were really struggling to be different in a market where all the best ideas were taken.

"This sauce is so hot it will make you want to **** fire...no, that's been done. Er... okay, this sauce it's hotter than Satan's bunghole...no, that's no good... I know, it's so hot it'll make you want to show your tits! Yeah, let's run with that one"

Comment

Haha you can flash your man-bobs!

Comment

I thought Sir Fartalot was the low point really

Although I have ordered a bottle of this: http://www.chillibugs.co.uk/Chilli_S...Anal_Probe.asp

Comment

I got given one of these gift packs today with 12 small bottles of Dave's hot sauces.

Included flavours are (pasted off website):
            Rowdy Red Chile, Hysterical Habanero, & Chillin' Chipotle, Roasted Red Pepper, Roasted Garlic , Scotch Bonnet , Temporary Insanity, Cool Cayenne, Ginger Peach, Crazy Caribbean, Jammin' Jerk and Hurtin' Jalapeno.

I have tried the proper insanity sauce before and found that too powerful and lacking in flavour, but thanks to Marty's recommendation in this thread i'm already a Hurtin' Jalapeno convert. Once I get round to trying the others I will post back with some impressions. I'n particularly keen to try the Scotch Bonnet, Chipotle, and Ginger Peach bottles.
            Last edited by Skull Commander; 22-09-2011, 13:04.

Comment

Tried a couple of the above sauces, so here is a couple of impressions complete with Skull Ratings.

First up was Chillin' Chipotle. My first thoughts on this was that the flavour was no where as good as the mighty Chipotle Cholula. It tastes a bit more oily and lacks punch. 2.5/5 Skulls.

The Hysterical Habanero fares better. A very nice flavour which was instantly recognisable and a good kick but very edibile. Only minus point was that it has a pale colour, looking a bit like glue. Still, a decent sauce. 4/5 Skulls.

Comment

Some new stuff arrived today from The Chilli Jam Company; Naga Relish on CharlesR's recommendation and some Fireball and Very Hot Red Pickled Chillies. Look yum.

Comment

Another vote here for Encona here - Sweet Chilli is my personal favourite and I put it in most bastes for meat like pork chops/chicken pieces etc.

Slowly getting together a decent BBQ sauce from scratch these days by frying up some onions then adding ketchup as a base, lemon juice, Worcester sauce, Sweet Chilli sauce and brown sugar.

Comment

Encona is mass-produced muck compared to many of the other sauces linked here which are far superior in flavour and quality.

Take a look at Mr Vikkis for example, for small batch, high quality hand made products, rather than factory stuff.

Comment

I only use it as a base anyway and chuck in some fresh chilli's if I want them.

Heinz Ketchup is another mass produced product I use although I'm sure there are far superior products out there.

Comment

I'm sure. Just suggesting that it's worth trying something other than the Lambrusco equivalent of the chilli sauce world

Comment

This just arrived. I'm guessing it's not Lambrusco.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I'm sure. Just suggesting that it's worth trying something other than the Lambrusco equivalent of the chilli sauce world
                            No worries. So what is a good alternative for a sweet warming taste? I can't go too hot for dietary reasons so that's why I always stuck with what I know I am OK with.

Comment

If you like the sweeter sauces the RSJ from Mr Vikkis is worth a look. His Banana Habanero is also very sweet and mild.

The Chile Foundry carries lots of product reviews rated on flavour and heat and should give you a good idea about how they taste.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 22-09-2011, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                This just arrived. I'm guessing it's not Lambrusco.
                                No, nor is it mild I'm down to less than half a bottle of it.

Tried the Fireball at lunch time, wasn't as hot as I expected, the Naga Napalm has it beaten.

Comment

Working...
                                X