No announcement yet.

I have no idea what to buy my parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mums always like hats / scarves / gloves always matching. does she hav a fav handbag? match that or her fav colour or purple / grey / black these are in atm.

does your pa hav a fav sports team? buy a scarf in his teams colours and gloves?

Comment

nope to both Probably going to give my mother money to buy perfume she actually likes, so its just the Dad left really. hmh.

Comment

Halo Reach Legendary Edition

Comment

badical, he'd have as much use of the helmet as everyone else did.

Comment

Have a similar issue... but will probably make it through!

Comment

hold strong soldier

Comment

Kern...does your dad like Laurel and Hardy?

I got mine the boxset...you can get it new off amazon and ebay sellers. Although I know we're approaching a deadline.

Cheapsmells.com for your Mum, great prices, so get her two bottles, hopefully she'll like one.

IF any of them are any good, upgrade postage to special.

Comment

If they give you the gifts back anyway, just get them stuff you want but don't mind waiting a while for.

Alternatively, the gift card idea is good. If they grumble about the lack of imagination, just tell them they're damnably impossible mongs to buy for and they're lucky you had the imagination to get them a voucher. Really dish out the cuss ... Christmas is the time for cussing your family.

Comment

Laurel & Hardy is a great suggestion. Or a Morcombe & Wise DVD. But (and this is a serious suggestion) consider getting your dad a Chick Norris collection. The longer a man has been married, the more he'll appreciate a real man's gift. He may be unsure when he opens it but he'll put them on some day and the rush of testosterone will be the best gift you can give.

Comment

If your dad drinks get him a bottle of his favourite tipple. Always get mine a bottle of famous grouse and that goes down very well.

Comment

I've given this some thought (bout' 5 mins).

Get someone to take pictures of you naked with your Ketsui pcb covering your modesty.
                        Then get it made into a stylish calendar.
                        Your parents can hang it on the wall and see your cheery little face each and every day of 2011-what more could they want?
                        I must admit the naked part could be optional but starting the day with a laugh is a good tonic for old and young alike.

Comment

sigh..

Comment

Nudity aside, getting a calendar made up with family photos isn't all that bad an idea. You can do it online easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                              sigh..
                              'big sigh and thinks to himself-Neil's right'

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Nudity aside, getting a calendar made up with family photos isn't all that bad an idea. You can do it online easy enough.
                                We do that every year for our parents. But then ours has our daughter in it, not us!

I got my mum some luxury slippers and a huge bunch of flowers.

Comment

Working...
                                X