No announcement yet.

I have no idea what to buy my parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the same parent/present issues as well. Dad is quite good though, as he'll eventually tell me what box-sets he wants. Mom is a nightmare to buy for though. Hopefully the watch the wife bought will be what she wants.

My dilemma for this year is what to buy with the £100 Mom and Dad have given me? Though it's been spent on other peoples presents for the time being.

Comment

My step-mum is a doddle, she collects the Harrod's Christmas bears, and as I live closest to London it's a bit of a no-brainer.

My dad is impossible though, he changes his hobbies on a monthly basis. I tend to go with getting him a couple of books. If he doesn't read them he'll gift them on, so I don't see it as waste.

One thing that has made my life a little easier is that my folks have discovered DS gaming in recent years, so I always have the option of buying them something for that. (Got a text from them in the summer telling me they'd sold their DSs and bought new DSiXLs instead. Hardcore.)

Comment

By the sounds of it you can get your dad this:

Or a book that may suit:

And when he gives you it back in a year, it's perfectly suitable for you too. Win win.
        Last edited by Colin; 19-12-2010, 10:05.

Comment

I want one!

Comment

Link.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
              haha I got her the best of the pixies last year and thought she'd like it as she likes nirvana and shiz,
              Your mum sounds hot. Give her my number.

Comment

too old for you sonny jim!

got her a picture frame, might slide a pic of me in because I'm adorable.

just dad left.

Comment

Working...
                X