Robopocalypse : The thread of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
    I don't think anyone has posted this one, although it was mentioned in an earlier post:

Saw it last night on 'How to Build a Bionic Man' on C4. The show was worth watching and had a very impressive robotic arm/prosthetic being developed by DARPA/the US military. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/h...bionic-man/4od
    Yeah that one has been posted. Still strikes fear into my heart.

Comment

That Bionic Man program was really cool, his reaction when he could move the wrist in that Robotic arm was truly golden. Imagine that, never having had a left arm, having that much control over a robotic one.
      Amazing

Comment

Yeah, that arm was really amazing. Terrible that he got to use it then had to give it back. Still I imagine in the not too distant future he should be able to get something as good or hopefully better.

Also the MIT professor with the leg/ankle prosthesis was pretty cool too.

Comment

Yeah, that was amazing too, being able to walk around with so much agility was incredible, you really didn't know he didn't have any legs!

Comment

**** just got real.

This one is pretty scary too :/

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              **** just got real.

That brick represents the battered, bloody corpse of humanity!

They will watch you from afar:-

Comment

The 'hive mind' begins!

Web-based 'brain' for robots goes live

Robots confused about what they encounter in the world of humans can now get help online.
                European scientists have turned on the first part of a web-based database of information to help them cope.
                Called Rapyuta, the online "brain" describes objects robots have met and can also carry out complicated computation on behalf of a robot.
                Rapyuta's creators hope it will make robots cheaper as they will not need all their processing power on-board.
                The Rapyuta database is part of the European Robo Earth project that began in 2011 with the hope of standardising the way robots perceive the human world.
                Instead of every robot building up its own idiosyncratic catalogue of how to deal with the objects and situations it encounters, Rapyuta would be the place they ask for help when confronted with a novel situation, place or thing.
                In addition, the web-based service is able to do complicated computation on behalf of a robot - for example if it needs to work out how to navigate a room, fold an item of clothing or understand human speech.
                The system could be particularly useful for drones, self-driving cars or other mobile robots who have to do a lot of number crunching just to get round, said Mohanarajah Gajamohan, technical head of the project at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich.

Robots confused about what they encounter in the world of humans can now go online to get help from a web-based 'brain'.

Comment

Massive Dynamic again, I'm sorry but they can **** right off with this stuff.
                  Scary.

Comment

Really, they put that gasmask on it just to scare the crap out of people, didn't they?

Comment

They did release a video where it's eyes glowed red and it carried a baton, but removed it.

Comment

lol Massive Dynamic

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          lol Massive Dynamic
                          "I've got a full-on robot chubby"

Comment

Comment

Ecce Robot:

I think even its inventor is staying the f**k away from it because he's scared.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                That is just..................BRILLIANT!

Comment

Working...
                                X