Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. way.

Comment

Don't understand why there even bothering with exo suits like that yet. A complete revolution in power packs needs to happen before there even remotely usefull, how's that going to be used in an earthquake? Trail a 4 mile 3phase power cable at the back?

Comment

Comment

Can catch objects as long as they have ping pong balls attached. I think we are safe. Unless we are naked.

Comment

I don't know why you have ping pong balls attached to you whilst naked....

BTW don't google "naked ping pong balls" , I just did, without thinking and had a momentary panic as my screen filled with flesh coloured images.

Comment

oh crap.

Hopefully the power cable wouldn't be very long.... I don't even think Charlesr could outrun that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

oh crap.

Hopefully the power cable wouldn't be very long.... I don't even think Charlesr could outrun that.
                  That's just the max speed of the legs moving though, not what they can actually run in their own. It was all attached to a massive support boon. So year, were all safe.

Comment

Darpa is training it to drag corpses now, only small ones at the moment, that of a small child.

Comment

I'm just waiting for this lot to change their name to Skynet.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I'm just waiting for this lot to change their name to Skynet.
                        Too late!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26418358

"Engineers in Italy have developed a wearable robot which they claim is the most sophisticated built in the world to date"

The name of the company making the powered exoskeleton?

Cyberdyne...

Comment

Cyberdyne are based in Tsukuba.

Wearable Cyborg: Changing the Future

Might plan a trip there with some mates. Perhaps recreate the shoot-out from T2.

Comment

Nexus wireless charger. Scary stuff. Firstly, it charges the phone when you just put the phone on top of it - no need to plug in to the phone. Good tech, but my toothbrush has had this for a few years. No, the scary bit is the "sticky" pad on the bottom. It's not actually sticky, but if you leave it on a surface for a few moments, it grabs hold of it with lots of microscopic tendrils. To remove it, you have to slowly peel it off so that they let go without damaging the surface or leaving any sort of residue.

Also, coincidence??????

Comment

Lockheed Martin are working on a compact (size of a truck) fission reactor.

Comment

Which means that some secret government lab has already got one the size of a handbag.

Comment

Working...
                                X