No announcement yet.

Robopocalypse : The thread of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBM are spending billions of pounds making a brain, chavs on council estates are doing it for the price of a pint of cider.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      "Cognitive computers may eventually be used for understanding human behaviour as well as taking over the world and going all skynet on our ass."

Imagine something that is cognitive and it absorbs all the information the entire internet. If it can understand human behaviour and it knows our past it might be a very very helpful thing to help predict outcomes of science or economical decisions. Or it will crush our skulls under it's cold metal foot

Comment

Cool story. DARPA is the best organisation in the world.

Comment

If it absorbs the entire internet it'll spend its entire time whinging about something or other.

Comment

A thread of the future? I'll write in it later....

Comment

This is my new favourite thread!

Love the way BigDog walks, yet is scary as fook. Especially like the bit where 'he' JUMPS!!! 'Cute'....in a strange way.

If they're showing us BigDog now (well, three years back), then it's pretty much a given that ED-209 is now a reality.

BigDog, HAARP, Chemtrails, Project Blue Beam, Morgellons, I'm getting freaked the f*ck out here!!!

Comment

I don't know what the application for this would be (killbot?) but it's funky anyway:

Comment

The dog is back and this time it's the size of a cow!

Comment

That's the second time I've seen that now, but the bit where it rights itself on the end is still as impressive.

Comment

That video was a new version of the robot that was in the first thread, tis much bigger.

Why waste your time making robots of war and destruction when you can make Robots that can do this

Comment

All these evil Cyberdyne robots seem to remind me of the spiderbots from Runaway.

SPOILERS: This is the end of the film and it's worth seeing the whole film if you haven't!

Comment

The Discovery Store must of shifted a whole stores inventory of spiderbots to the company that made that film

Comment

Not quite upto the standards needed for Iphone 5 but pretty cool non the less

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              All these evil Cyberdyne robots seem to remind me of the spiderbots from Runaway.

SPOILERS: This is the end of the film and it's worth seeing the whole film if you haven't!

Hell yeah for Runaway!
                              Robots & Gene Simmons!

Comment

Gecko-tank-bot:

Oh, and a story about the US Navy's railgun project: http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/01/u...lestone-1-000/
                                Last edited by NW2013; 01-11-2011, 18:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X