No announcement yet.

Robopocalypse : The thread of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been speculation that those hormones in meat end up in us which is also a contributing factor towards people becoming uber fat

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      There has been speculation that those hormones in meat end up in us which is also a contributing factor towards people becoming uber fat
      Also Glucose-Fructose-Syrup in sweet stuff. A cheap replacement for sugar as it doesn't require heating to such high temperatures to create the syrup. Trouble is the body can burn sugar off but this stuff hangs around in your system for longer.

We have never eaten food like we have mentioned in our entire history. I refuse (where I knowingly can) to give my money to what is ultimately a profit driven experiment on our health.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        It's taken billions of years for Nature to get things where they are and then we come along and start fiddling with it, thinking we can improve it. Ridiculous.
        I think you're in creationism denial. The Earth after all is only 3000 years old.

Comment

Mmm, it's frightening. In an ideal world everybody would grow, catch and kill their own food. As things are, it's enough to make a man consider veganism as choosing and buying food (for me at least) is usually an incredibly long-winded and complicated moral dilema. Even when you believe you're buying food which you believe is ethically sound, chances are it isn't.
          Last edited by Charlie; 01-02-2012, 22:12. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            I think you're in creationism denial. The Earth after all is only 3000 years old.
            You've let Howiee seed your fertile mind with his funny Christian beliefs! No offense to Howiee, I love the guy, a more tolerant, charming and articulate Christian you seldom find. And I know he won't mind me lightly poking fun at his faith.

Comment

Comment

That quadrocopters thing is mint.

Anyway, scientists have devised a blood swimming nanobot: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02...antable_robot/

Comment

Basically all the **** in the MGS games is coming to life isn't it. Soon enough we will all have codecs...

Comment

University of New South Wales develop 1-atom transitor; IBM shrink 1 byte to 12 atoms.
                    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 26-02-2012, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                      Basically all the **** in the MGS games is coming to life isn't it. Soon enough we will all have codecs...
                      Yes, if humanity manages not to destroy itself in the next few years then there should be some incredible stuff happening in the next 20 years.

Comment

This is it. Here's an exclusive first look at some sample shots taken with Nokia's freshly minted 808 PureView imaging powerhouse -- and wow, just wow! The collection contains photos taken at different resolutions in various conditions that show exactly what the 41-megapixel camera is capable of. Feast your eyes in our gallery below -- we'll have a ZIP file with the original pictures for you to download shortly. Also, stay tuned for our upcoming interview with Damian Dinning, program manager for imaging at Nokia. Update: Our very own Andy Yang of Engadget Chinese slapped a few of these shots on GigaPan for your zooming pleasure -- check it out after the break. You can also grab the originals (a 31.8MB download) from Nokia Conversations.

Nokia Unveil their 41 Megapixel cameraphone with ZEISS optics

Comment

I reckon by 2020 we could be talking in Gigapixels. Then after that people won't care because the resolution will be beyond any concern, similar to storage space now - at least when we talk about desktops. Who seriously requires more than 1TB, other than pirating types?

Comment

Ok, the pics from that Nokia are impressive. But...
                            41 megapixel sensor is not designed to deliver 41 megapixel images. The quality would be horrific from a sensor that small . Instead they combine all the noisy pixels together to produce cleaner, smaller images e.g. 5mp. You only get maximum image quality at the wide end. Soon as you zoom in there's less data to average out so image quality degrades. In short, this isn't really anything remarkable IMO but that doesn't mean that it won't take excellent photos, probably the best from any phone. It's got a faster lens and bigger sensor than practically any other phone I think and that's the biggest difference here.

There's definitely an argument that using a same-physical-size sensor but with less photocells on it would reduce the amount of noise per photocell and thus reduce the need to combine as many of the cells to get a clean image. Actually, there's not an argument for that, it's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I reckon by 2020 we could be talking in Gigapixels.
                              By 2020 I'm expecting a wetware interface direct to my optical nerve.
                              Am I expecting too much?

Comment

Microsoft demo a 3D Desktop Display...or as they like to call it "view-dependant depth-correction gaze"

Doesn't look very comfortable to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X