Clear All

"hoping to provide a more natural interaction"

Let me stop you right there love.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Let me stop you right there love.
      I lol'd.

Comment

US Navy railgun prototype firing. Possible operational capability between 2020 and 2025.

Comment

Makes me yearn for my Prominence in Steel Battalion...

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Ok, the pics from that Nokia are impressive. But...
            41 megapixel sensor is not designed to deliver 41 megapixel images. The quality would be horrific from a sensor that small . Instead they combine all the noisy pixels together to produce cleaner, smaller images e.g. 5mp. You only get maximum image quality at the wide end. Soon as you zoom in there's less data to average out so image quality degrades. In short, this isn't really anything remarkable IMO but that doesn't mean that it won't take excellent photos, probably the best from any phone. It's got a faster lens and bigger sensor than practically any other phone I think and that's the biggest difference here.

There's definitely an argument that using a same-physical-size sensor but with less photocells on it would reduce the amount of noise per photocell and thus reduce the need to combine as many of the cells to get a clean image. Actually, there's not an argument for that, it's a fact.
            Light field cameras are the future. They capture the whole scene and can be focused AFTER taking the shot. Not to mention there is scope for adjusting the POV as well. Blade Runner style tech is nearly here!

The Raytrix Light Field Technology provides 3D capture and high resolution with different one shot cameras. 3D camera | Light field camera

Comment

Those Light field cameras are awesome tech, but right now are a gimmick, but the image quailty is so far behind a regular camera at the moment that it be be used for anything beyond that right now.

Comment

I would expect the light field stuff to take a while yet to be small enough to fit in a regular shape camera or even a cellphone but it really is Photography 3.0.

Comment

Truly a one way ticket when this ride is concerned:-

With the designated purpose of ‘euthanasia and execution‘ , the “Euthanasia Coaster” is a concept for a real steel roller coaster that has been created to “show the future of humans and technology.” The creator of the coaster, Julijonas Urbonas, says the machine is engineered to take the life of a human being with “elegance and euphoria.” The idea of the coaster is to send out 24 people, all of which come back dead. A number of anti-human scientists are now hailing the concept as a method of execution that ‘highlights the issues that come with life extension’.The coaster design begins with a steep-angled lift to the 1,670 foot top, which would take 2 minutes for the 24 passengers to reach. Afterwards, there would be a 1,600 foot drop that would bring the coaster up to 220 mph. Flattening out, the coaster would then begin the process of cerebral hypoxia, or lack of oxygen to the brain. The ride’s seven total inversions would last for 60 seconds, starting with tunnel vision, black out, and loss of consciousness. After first or second inversion, the coaster would cause cerebral anoxia, leaving the passengers brain dead. After the execution ride, the passenger train enters a straight in which the unloading of the brain dead bodies would take place.

Euthanasia Rollercoaster
                  Last edited by 'Press Start'; 29-02-2012, 19:57.

Comment

It will chase you......forever!

Comment

DARPA is at it again. This time, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has announced plans to create nanochips for monitoring troops health on the battlefield.
                      Kate Knibbs at Mobiledia reports the sensors are targeted at preventing illness and disease, the two causes of most troops medical evacuations.
                      What seems like a simple way of cutting costs and increasing efficiency has some people concerned that this is the first step in a "computer chips for all" scenario.

Microchip the troops!

Comment

How are DARPA still doing anything? The Darpa chief was killed by Ocelot during the Shadow Moses Incident?

Anyway, wasn't sure where to put this really but it's cool enough that it's worth watching.
                        http://technorati.com/technology/gadgets/article/viral-video-japanese-designer-creates-transformer/
                        Last edited by Brad; 10-05-2012, 11:01.

Comment

I always think of MGS when I see DARPA too. Did Shalashaska kill him though? I thought he turned out to be Decoy Octopus? Can't remember the full story as been a while since I watched the thing through!

Comment

Yeah, he claimed a torture session had got out of hand but he actually wanted him dead for some reason that escapes me (I doubt Kojima could tell you why without looking it up) :-)

Comment

I just looked on Wiki and I remember now, you are right. I do remember his body in the cell now too, apparently he killed him so noone with knowledge of his "true motives"

being a Patriot/working for the president who I guess is Solidus

would be alive and able to tell others.

Comment

Material that levitates. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X