Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Is there anywhere (highstreet or online) where you can sell or trade-in graphic novels? I'm probably going to shift a bunch at some point and I can't be doing with d'bay.
    You could always list them here first see if you get any takers & then I guess it's just Ebay / Amazon Market Place really I'm afraid

Originally posted by hush View Post
    Went to the LCS to get my standing order this is what i got

Age of Ultron: Book 1 (Variant Cover)
    The Superior Spider-man
    Mara
    Daredevil : End of Days
    Fairest
    Nice few gets...I had been considering Age of Ultron until I saw the list of comics involved...

March

Age of Ultron # 1
    Age of Ultron # 2
    Fantastic Four # 5AU
    Age of Ultron # 3
    Superior Spider-Man # 6AU

April

Age of Ultron # 4
    Ultron # 1AU
    Avengers Assemble # 14AU
    Age of Ultron # 5
    Age of Ultron # 6
    Wolverine & the X-Men # 27AU

May

Age of Ultron # 7
    Avengers Assemble # 15AU
    Age of Ultron # 8
    Uncanny Avengers# 8AU
    Fearless Defenders # 4AU

June

Age of Ultron # 9
    Age of Ultron # 10
    Age of Ultron Epilogue

No way I can justify adding on average another 4 -5 comics a month onto my already bulging pull list...especially at Marvels prices.

I'll probably just wait & grab the GN when it's released.

Neil

Comment

Finally came home this week, so I had some comics to pick up from my LCS, and a few issues that had arrived in the post.

New Avengers #3 - Dale Keown Variant cover.

Chew back issues.

Decided to pick up some Moon Knight (Vol. 3). It's a 30 issue run, cheap and easy to pick up.

Based on Neil's recommendation.

Ongoings.

New Series, and Vengeance of the Moon Knight Issue 1 Sketch Variant (2nd printing). Age of Ulton is a foil cover, which did'nt show up to well when I took the pic.

Better get reading!

Garrz - Great pick up by the way - bravo sir!

Comment

Good choice with Moon Knight its a hell of a series and with art by Finch it doesn't get much better.

Got AVX HC this week, was ?30 but conatains enough to warrant its price and man its a big un. Also pre-ordered the AVX Companion book for April which is a whopping ?48 but with those 2 books i have pretty much got every AVX comic released and if i had bought my usual Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Uncanny X-Men Hardcoveres that would have been ?10 each so for an extra ?8 i get a hell of a lot more.

Heres what AVX Contains:

Collecting Avengers vs. X-Men 0-12, Point One (AVX story), AVX: VS 1-6, Avengers vs. X-Men: Infinite 1, 6, 10.

Heres what the AVX Companion contains:

Collecting AVENGERS ACADEMY #29-33, SECRET AVENGERS (2010) #26-28, AVENGERS (2010) #25-30, NEW AVENGERS (2010) #24-30, X-MEN LEGACY (2008) #266-270, WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #9-16 and #18, AVX: CONSEQUENCES #1-5, UNCANNY X-MEN (2012) #11-20, and A-BABIES VS. X-BABIES #1.

Buying Hardcovers or even TPBs of all that would be well over the ?78 its costing me. This is why i gave up on individual comics so long ago, events span way to many issues and the costs just keep getting higher. Sure you find out stuff way after the event but having the whole thing in hand as one large story and the overall money savings are much much better.

I got mixed feelings about AVX, i am looking forward to reading it all but i also know that after this every series i read starts again pretty much for Marvel Now and its going to be a lot of buying the first Hardcovers and deciding what to keep going with and what to drop.

Will throw up a pic what i picked up over the last month or so.

Doing my "Nerd Room" up at the moment and now have what i like to think of as a Walk in library lol

Comment

Another week another little bundle from the LCS...

I did pick up Age of Ultron book one but I doubt I'll carry it on...weekly run plus back up issues...just not worth it.

The foil cover is pretty lush though

Neil

Comment

That's i nice haul Neil. What's aquaman like I've beening reading the first trade of the new 52.
            So far the stand out pick this week is Mara it's just great and I've also been getting upto date with Flash am really linking that too. Am going to start re-reading Runways this week I do loving this comic

Comment

That's i nice haul Neil. What's aquaman like I've beening reading the first trade of the new 52.
              So far the stand out pick this week is Mara it's just great and I've also been getting upto date with Flash am really linking that too. Am going to start re-reading Runways this week I do loving this comic
              Thanks buddy.

To be honest I'm only really into Aquaman thanks to the Justice League Throne of Atlantis corssover but I think I might grab the first GN if I can get it cheap enough.

How are you finding the GN??

Neil

Comment

Yeah Neil it was a good read not what i thought it was going to be like, but i think I'll buy the next trade. But I did really liked the Re do of Young Avengers

What are you reading and liking ?

Comment

Yeah Neil it was a good read not what i thought it was going to be like, but i think I'll buy the next trade. But I did really liked the Re do of Young Avengers

What are you reading and liking ?
                  Glad you are enjoying it.
                  Keeping my eye out for a copy now.

To be honest I have a massive backlog at the mo but I'm currently reading Avengers which is pretty good, Transformer GN Vol 2 - Interntational incident which I'm enjoying alot but then I would as it's TF related & I'm working through my backlog of DC's Death of the Family arc & that's pretty slow at the moment but I'll stick with it.

Do you have much on the go?

Neil

Comment

Yeah this is some of what I have on the go not counting trades
                    Batwoman
                    FF
                    Fairest
                    Fatale
                    The Incredible Hulk
                    Daredevil
                    Daredevil end of days
                    The Manhattan Project
                    Deadpool
                    Saga
                    Young Avengers
                    X-Men Legacy
                    The Flash

Comment

Just a quick heads up for anyone wondering about starting some of the marvel NOW! Stuff. You can currently get quite of few of the first issues for free on comixology. Part of a deal where marvel are offering 700 issue #1's for free until Tuesday.

Comment

Cheers for that info

Comment

Last lot i got since the last lot.

Picked up some thunderbolts tpbs/hcs because they are cheap enough now, great book and Man-Things in it but i never wanted to drop full price on them, but at ?4-5 a pop they are great.

I never read Secret War as a lead into Civil War and it was only ?4 thought it'd be worth a look.

Got the Death Dealer HC for a decent price and I'd been after it for a while, then the day they sent it they sent me a message saying someone has spilt cranberry sauce on the outer slipcase!! Luckily it wasn't too bad lol.

AVX HC also has a Digital Code inside it but i don't have any reading devices lol. Also a lot of the panels are those Augmented Reality things and i have nothing that can see them either Can't even read a comic anymore without having a phone or something with you it seems!
                          Last edited by NeoDragoN; 14-03-2013, 16:33.

Comment

Neo - you'll have to tell me about Man Thing, once read. The character has always picqued my interest so I'd appreciate your thoughts.

My onoings.

Moon Knight Vol 3. Raped my LCS for some more issues. Fortunately, they are cheap to buy and I got a 10% discount too. Hoping to get the remaining issues over the next month or so.

Hellblazer #300 (last issue) and Captain Marvel #16 (first appearance of Phylla-Vell).

I'm a sucker for a decent Variant cover. Gutted that it's printed on just stock paper, and not foil, ala the regular version. Ho-hum.

On one of the comic sites I frequent, I was browsing through one of the threads about eye-catching front covers. Picked up the first two for about ?2.50 each.

Not a big fan of Supes, but I do like this image.

This next front cover is great. I'm sure an art critic would be better able to describe the use of white space, lots of red and little black and the whole dynamic of the piece (no idea what I'm talking about! ).

This one cost quite a bit more. Bloody glare of the flash does'nt help, tho' I daresay this image is more than well known amongst Batman fans (eg. Neil!).

I've cancelled Superior Spiderman, Deadpool and Uncanny X-Force. With those funds freed up, I've ordered the new series Constantine (due in the next few weeks), and put my order in for the mini series, Thanos Rising, which is due in the next few months.

Now where are my reading glasses!

Comment

That Killing Joke is brilliant. Can I ask how much?

Comment

@ Super G....Awesome cover on the Superman ....Didn't realise Hellblazer was a last issue,I also have got Constantine on order myself,think it's DC that are doing the Constantine run.

Really hope they don't f$$k it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X