Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hush View Post
    Will have to pick up batman/superman up the next time at the comic shop I love Jae Lee art a lot
    I will warn you now they have put a stupid fold out poster in Unchained that you need to open to read a big chunk of the story.

I didn't bother as it was going to ruin the comic so I just skipped it.

It seems ok but I'm not sure I'll bother buying the individual issues & will probably just grab the trade when they do it.

Neil

Comment

Cheers for that info Neil

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
        Cheers for that info Neil
        No worries

Had some new Thor goodies arrive today...

Volumes 1 & 3 of the Straczynski run.
        Getting Volume 2 from Amazon.

Neil

Comment

Haven't posted for a while,but had to share my latest buy....Well chuffed with these 2..

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
            Haven't posted for a while,but had to share my latest buy....Well chuffed with these 2..
            Jebus I bet they weren't cheap?

Look awesome

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil

Not too bad .I got # 1 for ?90 and # 2 for ?17.The guy even posted them free of charge! I had missed out a deal a while ago and was gutted.

Sometimes things happen for a reason eh!

Comment

That's a pretty good price for 1 & 2 seen both go for loads more than that.

I have been threatening to buy the GN's for months think I might finally do it on Pay day this month.

But yeah sometimes it's best to lose out

Neil

Comment

Nice Garrz. Still have'nt got either of those 2 issues, tho' I am slowly making inroads into the ones that I am missing. Won't get around to purchasing Issue 1 till around the start of the next year. Need to save more money for that wallet demolisher!

Beside's my usual stuff, I picked these up so see if anything caught my fancy.

Judge Dredd Classics is a good meaty read, with more pages than a usual comic book. This inaugrial issue contains the story 'Block Mania'.

Avengers A.I. I'm hoping I'll enjoy, as I do like The Vision character. The Doom Bot is quite amusing with his arrogant indignation at being part of the team.

This next one will be on dispay in my study. Really clever use of black and white to define the character (Aurora).

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                    Nice Garrz. Still have'nt got either of those 2 issues, tho' I am slowly making inroads into the ones that I am missing. Won't get around to purchasing Issue 1 till around the start of the next year. Need to save more money for that wallet demolisher!

Beside's my usual stuff, I picked these up so see if anything caught my fancy.

Judge Dredd Classics is a good meaty read, with more pages than a usual comic book. This inaugrial issue contains the story 'Block Mania'.

Avengers A.I. I'm hoping I'll enjoy, as I do like The Vision character. The Doom Bot is quite amusing with his arrogant indignation at being part of the team.

This next one will be on dispay in my study. Really clever use of black and white to define the character (Aurora).

Thanks Grov: How's Lazarus and Dexter,seen them on the shelf and nearly picked them up...I have so many on my list now, don't really want to keep adding.

Got a couple of classics through lately,pics to follow.

Comment

Todays LCS trip ended up with me leaving with this little lot...

Hopefully the Batman '66 will be better than the current crap that DC are putting out for him

Neil

Comment

So I did do a post last week of more recent pick ups but that got lost in the big database fall down & I can't be bothered posting it all again but I popped over to my LCS today & picked these up...

Although I already have it I actually really liked the Variant for Thanos 4 & as it was cheapish I thought I'd grab it too...

Lastly something else new that might be right up QC & Neo's street...

Looking forward to getting it started

Neil

Comment

Latest for my study.

GA getting all salty!

Comment

I didn't know there was a comics thread here I've been MIA on the gaming front since late last year when I got back into comics and have been catching up. Even got into the whole CGC thing.

I skipped the LCS visit today, usually go weekly but I'd highly recommend the TPB collecting issues 1-4 of Todd the Ugliest Kidd

Comment

Neil is your lcs the one that was in the eastgate centre 20 odd years ago or another one?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                                Neil is your lcs the one that was in the eastgate centre 20 odd years ago or another one?
                                Tis the very same one
                                Been in a few different locations round the town sinxe they first opened but are currently back up in the Galleries

Been shopping there for as long as I can remember

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X