Originally posted by hush View Post
      How is Morning Glories? been meaning to read it
      am trying to catch up on some reading stuff
      i've been enjoying

Alex + Ada
      Batgirl
      Silver Surfer
      Archie vs Predator
      I really enjoyed volume 1 but not started on 2 yet, hoping for more of the same.

I had the last late birthday pressie from the wife today & it was another GN

If it carries on in the same vein as the first it could be pretty grim

Comment

Akira, volumes 1-6.

Lock the thread.

Comment

I recently read all the Akira manga after you suggested it, dD, and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.
          It seemed to go down a route I didn't enjoy from about volume 4 onwards with the whole shift to a later date and Neo Tokyo split into the two factions.

I found the film managed to shed a lot of distended sections of the manga, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            I've just about finished the first tpb of The Boys. It's highly enjoyable. More swearing than a conversation with The Hound, and just the right side of vile. The sex scenes and violence are, in the main, fascinatingly amusing rather than alarmingly grim. I quite like the main character and the Simon Pegg dude so far. The initiation story for the new girl in The Seven was the only thing that left a bad taste in the mouth (so to speak) but it was in keeping with the central concept of rotten apples abusing their powers. I shall read on with interest.
            Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Decided to check it out and I've been glued to it. Such a great premise and plenty of wtf moments.
            So thanks to you both I had this arrive today...

Looking forward to seeing if it's as good as you say.

I did start reading Crossed volume 2 last night & it is just at the same level as the first volume lol

Neil

Comment

So my love hate relationship with GN's is now in full effect.

I love them because they are a cheap easy way to get into a series but I hate them because I read them too damn quickly.

Over the weekend I have made my way through The Boys & Morning Glories Volume 2

Loved the Boys was an absolute fantastic read & I'm ordering volume 2 today.
              Morning Glories was ok, more questions being raised & getting more background on the characters but it's a bit of a slow burner.

Onto He-Man volume 1 this week

Neil

Comment

Nice impressions fella.

Ive got Morning Glories 2 on standby but almost feel like I should read volume 1 again before I start. I can't remember much about it. The Boys and Saga are too fresh in my mind.

What did you particularly like about Boys, Neil?

Comment

this week i've read
                  Rasputin
                  Batgirl
                  Mythic
                  Material

and i have just started Fear Agent

Comment

See there is a new fortnightly collection thing starting up, official DC stuff, cheap first hard back book then up to a tenner a book, wham.

eaglemoss.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, eaglemoss.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Took my daughter to forbidden Planet in London. I came away with batman year 1, dark night strikes again, long Halloween and first sandman gn

Comment

Preacher.

Crikey. I could barely tear myself away.

One thing that makes me giggle a bit is that most of the women look exactly like the main woman, Tulip. I'm not sure if it was intentional(maybe the entire story is in the main guy's head) or if the artist just copy/pasted each time

Also, I can't do a decent Irish accent so Cassidy sounds Scottish in my head!

Looking forward to seeing what they do(read: what they can't do) with the proposed TV series.

Comment

Steve Dillon's faces in Preacher do all sort of look similar. Only the shapes of the heads and number of scars differentiate them. Except for arse-face obviously. It's weird, his earlier work wasn't like that.

Comment

It made me think of Mr. Potato Head or avatar designers

Comment

Burnt my way through the first 6 volumes of Tales of the Abyss this week, with only #7 left. Saving it for a sunny day next week.

Comment

I was wondering if someone could explain these graded quality cases. I would love to know more about these. Is there a website?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X