Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ QC...Thanks , not crude at all.

You can pick up the Spidey one, minus the signature for around ?80 or even less,Stan's signature of course puts the value up.

The Chew issue 1 is expensive to purchase...I've seen raw copies(not in the slab) go for ?100 plus..It's usually the 9.6 -9.8 that command the top dollar ...

Comment

Neil - do you have to have to become a CGC member in order to get your comics graded? I have about 3 or 4 that I would like graded, plus 2 that are already graded, but have cracked slabs (that's how I received them, unfortunately).

That Batman looks nice Garrz32, did you buy it from the U.K. or the States?

Comment

SG...From the UK,wasn't looking for this at the time,sometimes you get lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          Neil - do you have to have to become a CGC member in order to get your comics graded? I have about 3 or 4 that I would like graded, plus 2 that are already graded, but have cracked slabs (that's how I received them, unfortunately).

That Batman looks nice Garrz32, did you buy it from the U.K. or the States?
          Nope no need to be a member, I knew they were going to be at the show so took the books with me & they filled out the order form took my books & they sent them back when done
          Couldn't have been easier & I'll do the same next year now as well

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Nope no need to be a member, I knew they were going to be at the show so took the books with me & they filled out the order form took my books & they sent them back when done
            Couldn't have been easier & I'll do the same next year now as well

Neil
            That's a great service, wouldn't be worth my while to go to London for that though,by the time I paid for a flight ticket,room, food etc etc the cost would be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
              That's a great service, wouldn't be worth my while to go to London for that though,by the time I paid for a flight ticket,room, food etc etc the cost would be too much.
              Ah didn't realise you weren't over here.
              It really makes a dent in the cost of getting them done by doing it like this & I'll definitely be doing it this way again.

Neil

Comment

So Neil, as long as I have a ticket for the Con, I just turn up, pay my money for CGC services, and that's it?

If so, like you mentioned above, it'll probably save me some money in the long run.

Comment

So Neil, as long as I have a ticket for the Con, I just turn up, pay my money for CGC services, and that's it?

If so, like you mentioned above, it'll probably save me some money in the long run.
                  Yep just take your books to their stall, chat to one of the advisors, fill out the form & off you go.

I'll try to dig out my invoice tomorrow & let you know what the total cost was to give you a proper idea.

Link for the 'Con is here...

They had some great guests this year including Elias Chatzoudis, Jamie Tyndall, Nei Ruffino, Neil Adams, Dave Gibbons, Lee Bemerjo, John Romita Jr, Garth Ennis & Charlie Adlard

Hoping for another strong turn out next year.

If you do go could arrange a catch up if you like?

Neil

Comment

Cheers for info Neil.

I just need to make sure the boss (wife) has nothing planned, and I'll be there.

It would be cool to meet up dude. As soon as things are set, I'll drop you a PM.

Comment

Cheers for info Neil.

I just need to make sure the boss (wife) has nothing planned, and I'll be there.

It would be cool to meet up dude. As soon as things are set, I'll drop you a PM.
                      Lol well you have enough time to make sure she doesn't

Yeah would make for an interesting day...it's really easy to get to there as well & unlike the MCM Expo isn't rammed with people, you can round quite easily which is really nice.

Neil

Comment

Am off to Fan Expo in Canada on wednesday am looking forward to it and I get to see friends I've not seen in a longtime

Comment

Im very new to comics/graphic novels.
                          I have the odd Transformers comic from a while back, but these are the first things Ive purchased in ages.
                          Here are my first purchases, lots more will follow im sure. Im hooked.

Prior to these three, I read Silver Surfer rebirth of Thanos, which lead me to these purchases.
                          I need to track down Infinity Crusade vol 1 and 2 next, but there out of print :/
                          Last edited by redstar_dan; 01-09-2015, 00:18.

Comment

Saga Volume 5 is out. It's on my desk now, ready to be enjoyed.

Comment

Finished it today. Excellent, again. Loose ends tied up, but new narrative strands opened, and the flashback narrative continually dropping hints as to future developments.

Bit sad to see some characters go, but new ones continue to impress. I gobbled the pages up so hungrily, I just couldn't resist finishing it in two sittings, despite wanting to savour every page. Can't wait for the next tbp, although I'm slightly tempted to buy each issue of the comic itself.

Comment

So, 2000AD. One of my favourite stories they ever did was Bad Company. It had a fantastic sequel story and then a couple that didn't quite do the business. Brett Ewins died fairly recently but that hasn't stopped them bringing it back the last couple of weeks. So I couldn't resist getting them.

The artwork isn't bad except for not getting Danny Franks feeling right. But I have no idea where the story is going. That third story (the Kano one) was a small side story that I quite liked as nothing more than that but this feels like it might be retreading that territory which might not be a good idea. Still, interesting that it's back after all these years.

Comment

Working...
                                X