• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another blank cover commission arrive today

Went for a GI JOE one this time

Super chuffed with it

Neil

Comment

Really great looking serpentor. That's so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Had another blank cover commission arrive today

Went for a GI JOE one this time

Super chuffed with it

Neil
        "I'm taking a wild guess here, Serpentor, but am I right in thinking you quite like snakes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
          Really great looking serpentor. That's so awesome.
          Thanks buddy, I love it
          I am quite partial to a Commission cover
          Think I'm into double figures of them now

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          "I'm taking a wild guess here, Serpentor, but am I right in thinking you quite like snakes?"
          Lol

Neil

Comment

Just got Moore and Burrow's Providence Compendium (just-released collected edition of the Lovecraft mythos horror comics). Really great, Moore back in the late 19th/early 20th century time period that fascinates him and which he does so well. Not sure I quite like the super-clean art style as much as the scratchiness of From Hell or the first League of Extraordinary Gentleman collections, but it's more Moore with the same historical and inter-textual richness as everything else he touches. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Thanks buddy, I love it
              I am quite partial to a Commission cover
              Think I'm into double figures of them now
              That's really cool.

Here's my recent arrivals:

North American Ghost Rider 2099 #1 regular cover. This was actually a bit hard to find for a decent price. I already had the holofoil cover of this, but wanted to add the regular one to my collection.

French 2099 #1. I already had the album version of this, but had to get the single issue one as well, it was really cheap and is in great condition.

Italian L'uomo Rango 2099 limited special edition. I've been after this for a while, it never seems to come up to sale with the seller willing to ship internationally, but now I found someone willing to do it.

British Spider-Man Magazine #397. Bought 2 copies. Was not a easy get, finding anyone who ships these internationally can be difficult, because almost no one cares about these. Really happy to get them in my collection.

I also had to take two "family" pictures.

Marvel Age #117 cover.

Ghost Rider 2099 #1 cover. I love how they look together.

Comment

I got a nice stack of comics to my collection from Brasil.

Most of them are digest size, and they look really cute next to the regular size comics.

Comment

Added 3 portugese 2099 comics to my collection. Really excited to have them. Portugal can be a hard country to get comics from.

Frieren just completely killed me. Absolutely one of the best and kathatric reading experiences in a long while, I have not cried this much in a long time. I will continue picking this series when new books come out.

A few finnish Donald Duck magazines. The left one is this week's issue, because today (5th december) it is 70 years since Aku Ankka started, it is a special anniversary issue. I'm not a fan of that cover though. The two older issues I picked up because of the Duck Avenger covers.

Comment

Been a long time since I was in here but thought it was about time I added in some purchases from the last few months

First up the Never Never series -

After that the current Transformers Wreckers series -

Then Marvel have picked the rights to the latest Warhammer 40K series based on the Sisters of Battle Space Marine Chapter -

And some Limited TMNT Covers for issues 101 - 105 these are exclusive to Slab City Comics -

Lastly a variant cover for issue 1 of the new DC vs Vampires series -

That's it so far

Neil

Comment

Nice pick-ups as always Neil. I grabbed issue 1 of Buffy the Last Vampire Slayer last month and I was amazed at how expensive comics are these days

Comment

What are the Warhammer comics like? I almost subscribed to them, but back out in the end. I love the front covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nice pick-ups as always Neil. I grabbed issue 1 of Buffy the Last Vampire Slayer last month and I was amazed at how expensive comics are these days
                          Thanks man
                          Lol yeah they have got pricey... especially when you start factoring variant covers in as well

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          What are the Warhammer comics like? I almost subscribed to them, but back out in the end. I love the front covers.
                          I haven't actually started reading them yet
                          I was waiting until I had a few so I had enough to read without having to wait too long between issues
                          Will get onto them this week though & I'll let you know

They are some fine covers to be fair

Neil

Comment

With Batman 89 coming to a close this month, it leaves an opening for a new mini series, so Ive ordered 'Batman The Knight' '. Its the same writer as the recent Daredevil run, which is meant to have been very good. It tells the story of Bruce Wayne between his parents death and him becoming Batman.

Comment

Bought a load in various Comixology sales.
                              Hulk: The End
                              Punisher: The End
                              Superior Spider-Man
                              Superior Iron Man
                              Dark Avengers
                              100 Bullets
                              Punisher MAX

Plus a metric tonne of Doctor Doom content.

Comment

Awesome pickups Soundwave. That connecting TMNT virgin set is beautiful. DC versus Vampires #1 variant is really cool too.

Here's my recent pickups:

Web of Spider-Man #90, this is one of the four issues that people consider to be the first appearance of Spider-Man 2099, and this was the only that I was missing of them. Thankfully found this for 2 euros, I've seen people ask for ridiculous prices.

Mexican Spider-Man 2099 #1. Really happy to get this one to my collection.

Spider-Man 2099 #35 newsstand price variant. The cover price of this comic is 1,50 when the regular direct edition has a cover price of 1,95, the reason for the price difference is that the direct editions started using higher quality paper. Got this at a great price as the seller did not list this as a newsstand, there was a sold copy of a newsstand 2 days before I bought this that was double what I paid. Now all I'm missing is one edition of #35 cover and I have the full worldwide set.

Timeless #1 Stormbreakers Patrick Gleason variant I unsurprisingly bought for the Spider-Man 2099 cover. Not a great cover in my opinion, good idea but not that good execution.

Finnish Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles 10/1994. Very low grade, but I will upgrade when I'll find one in a better shape. Was really cheap. Had to get this because it's mirrored version of the Game Boy TMHT 3 game cover. I'm not sure if that cover was used on a comic in any other coutry.

TMNT Last Ronin: Design Archive is neat, but not a must have.

Comment

Working...
                                X