No announcement yet.

Coffee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freshly ground filtered coffee is the morning ritual at work. The last three purchases in a row have been this one, mostly because it's such a great tasting coffee.

Comment

Anyone here roast their own beans?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
        Aren't those nespresso devices similar to inkjet printers in that the devices themselves are reasonably priced and they kill you on the consumables?

I'm buying a second aeropress to use at home as my wife was impressed too.
        Not really you can buy refillable pods from here. It's ?10 for 3 then put any coffee you like in

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          orly? Sounds interesting. So could I get some nutmeg and just let it be ground up alongside the beans and do it that way?
          Hmmm not sure. I pour the coffee into the filter part of the espresso pot that sits above the water as normal tap it down so its level, then just sprinkle a small pinch on top of the coffee, when the coffee heats and goes upwards it travels through the nutmeg giving the coffee just a little tweek.

I've not tried grinding the nutmeg with the beans, it might be the nutmeg gets completely lost that way as it hasn't got a high heat tollerance.

Comment

I know it's sick and wrong but have yet to find anything I enjoy more than

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              I know it's sick and wrong but have yet to find anything I enjoy more than

My eyes see what you have written but my brain just will not process it

Comment

I know, it's almost like I said that Halo isn't the best in the series!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I know, it's almost like I said that Halo isn't the best in the series!
                  I'm going to go make an espresso now with my imported Dominican beans (iliegally impoted I'll add) after that im going to play halo ce on my launch Xbox with the original bulky pad, on a 16:9 crt with sorround sound of course.

While im doing that id like Boris to think about what he's said and to come up with a 1000 word apology for everyone on the forum ^_~ ;-)

Comment

Oh, jeez, I am such a ho for coffee right now, it's unbelievable. There's a Costa in the main foyer of the hosp, it's expensive and I resent paying so much but I get a large Americano every day now, for lunch, used to just randomly eat foods cos I felt I was *supposed* to, it was just adding girth to the gut, I rarely get hungry, tbh.

So, been on it for 3/4 weeks now, it really does add that little extra zip to the latter half of my shift, in fact I think I've made a f*cking awesome (quite obvious) discovery, it makes me really aces at my job, none of that 'energy loss after a meal' ****e going on now, I'm pure amphetamine!!!!

Comment

Boris, it's good but it's no RR7. And neither is Halo.

I might start doing that too JazzFunk. I eat and then sleep the last 20 mins of my break right now.

Comment

^Do it! Zero lethargy now, towards the end, plus it makes me all 'motormouth', which is working wonders.

Comment

Nespreso for me, love them.

I don't really drink anything else, I tend to buy the strongest one for making Americanos with and then all the others for espressos and Lungos.

Now, this 'Americano' thing really annoys me, it is an espresso with hot water added.
                          A 'Long Black' is an espresso added to hot water.
                          The former has crema the latter is flat.

But just recently when ordering an Americano I have twice got back to my car to find there is milk in it!!
                          An Americano around the world is always black, for some reason in the UK in coffee shops they make it white as well, disgusting!!

Comment

An American friend came to visit me recently, and she brought me some of this locally-produced stuff from Portland. It's rather nice.

Comment

Is ?72 good for a Dolce Gusto Melody III?

Are they any cop?
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-12-2013, 13:13.

Comment

i have never tasted coffee nor tea for that matter the smell makes me retch everybody else i know loves it

milk pepsi water in that order oh and booze

Comment

Working...
                                X