No announcement yet.

Useless ****ing virgin internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but as evidenced here there's a number of people for which that just isn't representative. I've yet to deal with a company who have provided better customer service than Virgin from my dealings with them.

Comment

as evidenced from a handful of people? there's hundreds of people having issues on that forum alone

lol at thinking customer service from people who can barely speak English is good, at least Sky have UK based call centers

Comment

I had terrible customer service from Virgin after the Telewest/Blueyonder switchover. I phoned when my net connection started dropping after the change and was told off by a condescending Scottish support guy for using their broadband modem with a wireless router. When I pointed out that I'd been using that setup for the last two years without any problems he said that it wasn't any of Virgin's responsibility and hung up. By contrast I found the Indian support person much more helpful- apparently people reading from a script don't pretend to know it all and berate their customers, so the problem was solved within a few minutes and I haven't had one since.

I concede that the incident with the Scottish guy was an isolated case but I can see both sides of the argument when people complain about Virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
          as evidenced from a handful of people? there's hundreds of people having issues on that forum alone
          You do realise that they are a huge company and that what you've linked is their public help and support forum, right?
          Originally posted by gamelife View Post
          lol at thinking customer service from people who can barely speak English is good, at least Sky have UK based call centers
          If they had purely UK call centres I bet there'd be no chance of anyone being there to activate my modem at 11pm last night

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            You do realise that they are a huge company and that what you've linked is their public help and support forum, right?

If they had purely UK call centres I bet there'd be no chance of anyone being there to activate my modem at 11pm last night

yeh i do realise that, just pointing out that alot of people have virgin broadband issues - and when they do its hard to resolve (ive had ongoing problems for 6 months) - would you call that a good sevice!?

Comment

I've never had any problems with virgin other than when I had a cheapo package (10mb) and in the evenings it would be crap because everyone was using it and I'd hit my bandwidth allowance and be throttled which made online gaming impossible.

Since I changed to a package with no bandwidth limit I've not had a single issue

Comment

Working...
              X