Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay advice needed

Hi,

Wondered whether anyone can help with this - have a question over whether to post an item out I've sold, but am unsure of the buyer.

On Sunday, I sold a blu-ray player. The buyer hadn't paid by last night, so I sent him a message asking when he was going to pay for it. I got a message back this morning, saying he'd pay for it tonight and would also send me the address he wanted it sent to, as he didn't want it posted to his Paypal address. I replied, saying I would only send it to a confirmed Paypal address.

He has just paid for it, from a confirmed Paypal address, and sent me a second email saying don't post it until he gets back from holiday next week, and he will give me the address to send to.

I've checked his feedback - it's 37, at 100%. He's made several purchases this month, all for A/V equipment, and has received positive feedback from all of them. He's payed for RM Special Delivery, so I know the package is covered RM's side.

My question is - does this sound dodgy, as it does to me! Am I right in thinking that if I send it to a different address than the confirmed Paypal one, I have no seller protection?

Any advice appreciated - feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thanks
    Tony

Sounds like you'd be better off taking it to Ebay or Paypal - they'll let you know where you stand.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't... if in doubt, just tell him to forget it. Besides, if he's just a buyer on eBay, then it's impossible for him to get any negative feedback anyway (sellers can only give gushing praise to people who buy from them).

Comment

I think if you aren't shipping it to a confirmed address then as a seller you aren't covered. probably. maybe

Comment

No, Paypal changed that recently. You can now ship to an address other than the confirmed one and still be covered by the seller protection. Just obviously still send it in a manner that you can prove it arrived.
          Last edited by Mayhem; 08-02-2011, 19:11.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks guys - still don't know what to do! Judging by Mayhem's link, I'll be covered - just doesn't feel right!
            Any other thoughts?
            Thanks
            Tony

Comment

Sounds legit too me.
              I mean my registered paypal/billing address is my parents house but I don't live there anymore so I would want it delivered to my own place or work address.

Comment

new one, sold a game a few days ago. Was awaiting payment and so now received this:

Hi,can you give me your paypal email to send you the payment because i can't use the ebay link

Does this sound ok to you?

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                  new one, sold a game a few days ago. Was awaiting payment and so now received this:

Hi,can you give me your paypal email to send you the payment because i can't use the ebay link

Thats sounds very odd, I'd question why he cant use the link, what reason can he not use it etc..?

Comment

Yeah, sent the question, will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post

It might be something to do with the email notification (invoice link via email). Instruct the buyer to go manually via 'My eBay' > 'Won/ Purchased Items' etc, and make the payment that way.

Comment

Got a reply:

Hi,actually,I have an issue with my paypal account therefore i will use a friend's to send you the payment unless you don't want and want to cancel it

mmmm

Comment

I think he/ she is giving you the run-around. Maybe consider opening a dispute where both you and the buyer have "mutually agreed to not complete the transaction".

The last time I checked, you'd need to get the buyer to agree to get your fees back. Alternatively, you could just mark it as unpaid and see what happens.

Comment

Or you could request a cheque or postal order from him instead...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thought I'd use this thread to ask my question.

I bought a watch off a seller last week and the analogue hands don't work on it.

He's agreed to give me a refund, but he suggests using eBay to keep it legit and trackable. He's not been a problem at all, but I can't seem to work out how to use eBay to get a refund because the listing says:
                              "The seller will not accept returns for this item.
                              Sellers may be required to accept returns for items that are not as described. Learn more about your rights as a buyer."

How on earth do I start the refund process?!

Comment

Working...
                              X