Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoneline & broadband combi offers. BT or TalkTalk.....or now Orange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoneline & broadband combi offers. BT or TalkTalk.....or now Orange?

Well I've had TalkTalk on the phone last wk offering me line rental, my calls made during the day, plus Broadband for ?23.99 a month.

Then today I had BT phone asking me to come back to them. I told them about my TalkTalk offer & they told me that they'd offer me line rental, ALL UK calls, free internet security, Broadband (which they claim is gonna be average 7 meg compared to TalkTalk's 4 meg), & a homehub thingy, all for ?29.99, but would be down to ?13.99 for the 1st 3 months, making it roughly about ?26 a month.

Both are 18 month contracts.

What do you guys recommend? Are people still having problems with BT like was mentioned about 2 yrs ago?

EDIT: Orange have offered me everything that BT are offering, plus 3 months free for ?21.50
    Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 15-02-2011, 16:38.

had BT for 2.5 years now...never had any problems with the internet itself, get between 6 and 8meg speeds and I dont recall it ever being down.

however, their billing/customer service is utterly dreadful. expect them to give you that 26 quid a month deal and then try and take 40-50 quid a time direct debit 'incase you decide to use our other great services'

indian call centre and it seems that their net, phone and tv depts are all totally seperate and have no communication between each other.

Comment

I got a great deal with talk talk but don't know if its still on. carphone warehouse are doing it for them I got my phone and broadband (evening calls) for 29.99 connection 12.30 per month for the first 12 months and 19.29 for the next 12. is a 24 month Contract though but I was very happy as I used to pay 35 per month for vodafone which so far is exactly the same

Comment

Well i got a flyer bunged in with my talktalk bill today offering me almost the same package for just under £20 (£6.99 for broadband, free UK calls evening & wkend, free calls to other talktalk customers, & £12.30 for line rental).
        So thats another £4 cheaper from them again which is strange.

My heads spinning right now tbh. Might be moving in with the missus soon so needed to know about that too, but we'll see how Vtines day goes b4 I make a decision on the whole thing.

Comment

So I just spoke to my current Broadband provider on the phone (Orange) who after hearing that I was considering switching are now gonna offer me everything that BT are offering, plus 3 months for free, all for £21.50!!

So what do you guys think of Orange as a complete phone/internet provider?

Comment

hmm.. I've been looking at Sky for mine. Currently paying BT line rental of 30 quid and tiscali bill of 20 quid (I can claim 15 of this back through work though).

Sky seemed to have the best deal to be honest..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
              hmm.. I've been looking at Sky for mine. Currently paying BT line rental of 30 quid and tiscali bill of 20 quid (I can claim 15 of this back through work though).

Sky seemed to have the best deal to be honest..
              Bloody Hell k0pp0, thats steeper than what I was paying!

What deals has Sky got going on then mate? I heard a few ppl in work complaining abour their internet connection being poor with Sky, but tht might be just because we're in S Wales

Comment

So anyone on the Orange package & if so whats your opinion of the service u get?

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                  Bloody Hell k0pp0, thats steeper than what I was paying!

What deals has Sky got going on then mate? I heard a few ppl in work complaining abour their internet connection being poor with Sky, but tht might be just because we're in S Wales
                  Everything for about 30 quid a month. I think.

Comment

Went with Orange for £21.50 all in in the end

Comment

Hmm I work for Orange - It appears I may be able to get my broadband for free..

Comment

Working...
                      X