Amazon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon question

I hope someone can help me out here. There may be a simple answer to this question, but as I've never done it before, I don't know.

Amazon, then. I pretty much swear by it. I've bought SOOOO much stuff from them over the last 6 years, that I'm probably one of their most known customers (seriously).

Anyway, I'm after an item that is only available on the German Amazon site. However, as I only use the UK Amazon (obviously), I'm not sure how I go about getting stuff from the German site. And my German isn't great (read: non-existent). Do I (or can I) just log in to the German site with my details or is there more to it than that?

If anyone else ever ordered anything from a non-UK Amazon site, I'd be grateful if you could tell me how you went about it and what you need to do. Is it even possible to order from an international Amazon site?

Help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Hiya,

You can just use your login details from Amazon.co.uk - the .de site is set up in exactly the same way. Also, if you use google chrome as the browser, there is a 'translate page' option - so you can translate each page into English if that's easier.

Tony

Comment

Back when the first DJ Hero came out it was on the German site for a bargain price and I put an order in. It turned up safe and sound.

TonyDA's got the right idea, the layout is identical so if you don't use Chrome just have the co.uk site open and use that as your guide.

Comment

I love Chrome's translate function - it's really handy!

Comment

I've done exactly what Tony and the others said - just remembered the layout and translated if I got stuck - I did it on the Japanese site ( ) and had no probs real probs at all.

Also I noticed the US one now can show you the price in pounds when you order which is always nice. Not sure the German will, but be nice if it does!

Comment

Is it cheaper to order, say a USA version of a film through Amazon US plus delivery costs, than it is to buy through a marketplace seller on the UK site (who is usually posting from the US anyway)?. I ask this because I've only ever used the Uk site too, but import items have cost me a fair bit.

Comment

Depends on the item. You can certainly order books, DVDs and CDs through Amazon sites outside of Europe and have them delivered to the UK. Videogames you can't, for reasons I assume are down to the age old prevention of idiots buying them and complaining they don't work here...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Ah, OK thanks guys.

Job done.

One copy of Great Giana Sisters DS it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Depends on the item. You can certainly order books, DVDs and CDs through Amazon sites outside of Europe and have them delivered to the UK. Videogames you can't, for reasons I assume are down to the age old prevention of idiots buying them and complaining they don't work here...
                  You can order games from Amazon.com to the UK now. There are some they won't ship here but the majority are OK.

I just ordered the MvC3 special edition from them last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Don't suppose you know about clothing do you Mayhem?

Im currently shipping to my cuz in the States and having him send it over as a gift etc, or pick it up personally when im there.

If clothing is included in what you say then it would speed up the process for me

Comment

I thought almost every international Amazon site had a "display this in English" where the item names and descriptions aren't translated but all the site controls and registration stuff is.

Comment

Although I'm unable to answer actual question, I did think that, at first glance, the title of the thread was "Amazin' question".

I was expecting something like "Can you imagine if men gave birth, but the babies grew in their heads and there was a market for massive baseball hats for pregnant men?"

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                          You can order games from Amazon.com to the UK now. There are some they won't ship here but the majority are OK.
                          Really? Well they've changed that in the last couple of years then since I last got some retro games off sellers there.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Marketplace sellers may not now that you mention it. I was talking more about items sold by Amazon.com themselves. The seller on these items becomes Amazon Export Sales, Inc.

Comment

So which marketplace seller is good for wii games to uk without import duty ?

Comment

Working...
                              X