Robocop's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocop's gun

I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent replicas of Robocop's Auto-9 gun, a modified Beretta?

I've seen one that looks a bit crap but it might be due to the quality of the picture:

It looks nowhere near as good as another Japanese made model but it is always out of stock at cobraairsoft when I check.

Anyone know of a way to import it directly from the Japanese makers?

A couple of times yonks ago I came across a couple of similar models but never purchased them, I really regret that now.

Now illegal in the uk unless you are a member of a airsoft club, even a non firing replica is illegal.

Comment

Yeah, beat me to it, SuperDanX.

The Violent Crime Reduction Bill has banned importing of replica firearms.

Play.com had them, but you can't seem to buy it!

You could download Pepakura Designer and try this papercraft model:
      http://search.4shared.com/q/1/robocop%20pdo

Or make an Aliens Pulse Rifle:

Or Hell Boy's Samaritan Gun:

Comment

Wow I had no idea, thanks for the info guys. I had a beautiful Walther PPK replica that I gave away, wish I had kept it but my friend who knows the law kept saying it's now illegal. I asked the shop I bought it from a few years ago, whether it was now illegal (last year) and they said it's completely legal. Full licensed, legit shop. Confused.

So can you import a replica if you are the member of an airsoft club? How do you join a club?

The Japanese replica is functional, and a million times better than the one on ebay and play.

edit-QC, I know nothing about papercraft, but those pics look good.

Thanks again for the replies.
        Last edited by monel; 17-02-2011, 17:57.

Comment

If you already own a replica it's not illegal to own, in your own home, it's not as simple as joining an airsoft club and then buying a gun, you have to attened games on a regular basis and your membership card or whatever gets stamped etc, etc when you can prove your a regular player then you can buy airsoft guns, not sure of the exact details but it's pretty much as I've said above. I looked into myself a couple of years back.

Comment

You have to go through all of that if you want a gun without the various bits of it being sprayed with primary colours as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
              If you already own a replica it's not illegal to own, in your own home, it's not as simple as joining an airsoft club and then buying a gun, you have to attened games on a regular basis and your membership card or whatever gets stamped etc, etc when you can prove your a regular player then you can buy airsoft guns, not sure of the exact details but it's pretty much as I've said above. I looked into myself a couple of years back.

Damn! I wish I had kept the Walther, seriously, it was just awesome.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Did you ever join a club, btw?

Comment

No I didn't bother, not interested in running around in the woods.

Comment

I don't mean this to be offending to anyone, but that law sounds completely moronic to me. I mean if a grown man buys a fake movie prop, it's a crime? When did this world go completely bonkers?

That pulse rifle looks awesome btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                    I don't mean this to be offending to anyone, but that law sounds completely moronic to me. I mean if a grown man buys a fake movie prop, it's a crime? When did this world go completely bonkers?

That pulse rifle looks awesome btw.
                    Because a large number of replica guns, particularly of real world guns, are the same as the real version but disabled by having the barrel filled in or the firing mechanism removed.

It was too easy for people to replace the mechanisms or drill out the barrels and to make real guns.

As there's no real way to legislate the difference between a replica that can never be modified and one that is straight forward to, they had to do a blanket ban

Comment

Okay, then it sounds a lot more justified. I thought we were talking about plastic toy guns basically.

Still, the regulation for air-soft guns seems like an overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        That is awesome

I can't for the life of me find the download link - anyone have an idea?

Comment

As far as I can tell, all references to it link back to the designer's site and the translation says:
                          … Presently release of the paper pattern has not done, (November 13th of 09 download end)

In the meantime, how about building Han's blaster - "Greedo Killer"

Comment

Working...
                          X